Ads not shown when logged in
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Funny you should mention that. Roger seems to have lost his review of The Bricklayer in Tottenham too.
    On a slightly serious note, will this affect any of the reviews still held on the mass migrate tool? I still have around 49 pages of my original 70 left to chug through...

This Space For Hire

The brush is pretty big, they have deleted all reviews with certain words in such as 'underage', 'drugs', 'www' as well as various swear words. For example your review of the Railway Bell in Gravesend has been culled, presumably due to use of foul language.
    My guess is they got a letter from m'learned friends suggesting room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    On a slightly serious note, will this affect any of the reviews still held on the mass migrate tool? I still have around 49 pages of my original 70 left to chug through...
    The reviews were copied so they are not linked to the dark side anymore.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Absolutely, only implication is if you were someone we hadn't stored really. So anyone now coming across may be hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Absolutely, only implication is if you were someone we hadn't stored really. So anyone now coming across may be hit.
    suspected that might be the case but pleased to have it confirmed...

Looks like thy have deleted one of my 1254 reviews, but what on earth did I say in that one (whatever it was) to get censored?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Looks like thy have deleted one of my 1254 reviews, but what on earth did I say in that one (whatever it was) to get censored?
    According to my records there are 3 of yours that have been deleted:-
    Drakes in Maidstone
    Marquis Of Granby, WC2
    Swan, Ashford

Although if you look at the Swan page at BITE (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...4/Swan/Ashford) you'll see that yours is still the most recent review showing. I'm sure they have deleted it from their database but it will continue to show on the page until someone writes another review.

According to my records there are 3 of yours that have been deleted:-
    Drakes in Maidstone
    Marquis Of Granby, WC2
    Swan, Ashford

Although if you look at the Swan page at BITE (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...4/Swan/Ashford) you'll see that yours is still the most recent review showing. I'm sure they have deleted it from their database but it will continue to show on the page until someone writes another review.
    "Underage", "Scunthorpe" and "drugs" appear to be respective pitfalls of your reviews!

I'll stay on me own

Hi Dave,

Have i had any reviews removed as i was sure i did a review of the Railway Inn in Long Eaton but looked yesterday and it had gone i have put another review of this pub on but avoided putting the word drugs on.

I would be interested to know Thanks Alan.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if you have picked up, but the drive of the conversation is about the beerintheevening (bite) site. A number of the regulars on here joined from there and still hold various forms of affection for it so chat about their observations here. In any case all the deletions mentioned here are for bite.

To answer your question though, no we haven't deleted your review. Anytime we delete or edit a review we send an email to your registered address, so if you have had a delete or edit you should receive an email (as a point of interest, where we delete some of the reviews this can prompt the more tedious vandals to keep coming back). If you are not receiving the emails or concerned they got lost you can always double check on the 'Page Activity' link, so in the case of the Railway Inn - link. To give you an example of one discussed recently the Winston Churchill where Charlie Rooney has been playing.

Hope that extensive answer helps