Ads not shown when logged in
Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    The Red Lion in Blackwater? That must be the one pub added to Bite in the last month. What a busy life he leads.
    28 pubs added yesterday. Alas the Firefly in Bourne End is still being maligned by those who say fee fi fo fum.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    28 pubs added yesterday. Alas the Firefly in Bourne End is still being maligned by those who say fee fi fo fum.
    The entry for the Back of Beyond in Reading is quite franky disgusting.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

That is genuinely astonishing.

The Firefly’s page is beyond pathetic now - God knows how the daily infantile postings can have gone on, completely unchallenged for nearly 3 months now. Tragically, googling “Firefly Bourne End” brings up its BITE page as the first result. Presumably the owners/managers are aware of the idiocy clogging up their entry. Is there a suggestion that all pubs’ entries are being left unmoderated unless they are prepared to stump up their £135 to register? Hard to imagine anybody wanting to pay anything, given the car-crash that the site has become.

As for the Back of Beyond’s entry, you’d think that even the most lazy, empty-headed site-owner would realise that having offensive racist insults and ugly homophobic rants on a page listing for a commercial business is not a particularly sensible move. If those sorts of comments (and there seem to be a growing number) are left visible, then BITE is heading for - and frankly deserves - even more serious trouble.

Incidentally, on their home page, having scrolled down past the usual playground obscenities about the Firefly, I noticed that the current Top 5 rated pubs are all in Bourne End. What a remarkable place it must be.
    Last edited by Evil Gazebo; 13-10-2010 at 11:49.
    And you can really taste the hops!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Gazebo View Post
    That is genuinely astonishing.

Incidentally, on their home page, having scrolled down past the usual playground obscenities about the Firefly, I noticed that the current Top 5 rated pubs are all in Bourne End. What a remarkable place it must be.
    I noticed If you look at the first Pub in No 1 position for instance its not hard too work out why or whats going on 80 votes mostly all 10 out of 10 but only seven slanted reviews. They need some decent admin.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ion/Bourne_End
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Gazebo View Post

As for the Back of Beyond’s entry, you’d think that even the most lazy, empty-headed site-owner would realise that having offensive racist insults and ugly homophobic rants on a page listing for a commercial business is not a particularly sensible move. If those sorts of comments (and there seem to be a growing number) are left visible, then BITE is heading for - and frankly deserves - even more serious trouble.
    I've pointed out the Back of Beyond's BITE entry to JDW's customer services department, as I suspect some of the comments are bordering on illegality. I'll be interested to see what reply I get.

I've pointed out the Back of Beyond's BITE entry to JDW's customer services department, as I suspect some of the comments are bordering on illegality. I'll be interested to see what reply I get.
    I for one will look forward to hearing about it!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I for one will look forward to hearing about it!
    Dear Mr Davies

Thank you for your email of 13th October and taking the time to contact us.

I have noted your feedback and a copy of this has been passed to our Legal team for their information and review.

I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this matter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pub: 323 | The Back of Beyond, Reading, RG1 3BY
    Greetings - I can\'t find a corporate public relations address, but I draw you attention to the entry for the Back of Beyond on the Beerintheevening website.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...Beyond/Reading
    The comments are disgusting, probably illegal and certainly do your company no favours. Can I suggest you contact the website concerned with a view to removing the entry for this pub.
    Best wishes
    Nick
    Last edited by NickDavies; 14-10-2010 at 11:14.

Dear Mr Davies

I have noted your feedback and a copy of this has been passed to our Legal team for their information and review.

Brilliant, I shall keep an eye on its page over there. Interestingly (perhaps!) that pub is directly opposite my flat, so I am aware of some of the names and characters mentioned in these diatribes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Brilliant, I shall keep an eye on its page over there. Interestingly (perhaps!) that pub is directly opposite my flat, so I am aware of some of the names and characters mentioned in these diatribes!!
    What about the Wynford Arms right next door too the Spoons Back of Beyond is that any good I notice theres been no reviews for it yet on this site.
    Or could this be Part of the problem as there seems too be a bit of a war of words between the two Pubs over on the other site.
    Last edited by Alesonly; 14-10-2010 at 14:17.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Dear Mr Davies

Nicely handled Mr D. A fairly restrained initial reply, but hopefully you'll hear more. The Firefly is one hell of a trump card if the JDW legal team want more evidence on how the site is run.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.