Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Latest BITE posting by Gill 1/2 Pt doesn't look too promising. I wish her well - she's got a great attitude to life!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Latest BITE posting by Gill 1/2 Pt doesn't look too promising. I wish her well - she's got a great attitude to life!
    I take it back - I've had a message and she's comin' over.

Great to have Gill here. A traveller around G.B with knowledge of pubs and beer few of us can match.

...and it looks like Manky Badger is also on his way. Not heard from John Bonser yet though. I should have been a recruitment consultant!! BITE is really having a bad day although I don't get much satisfaction from saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    It is a good idea, that costs money . Before we do that though we want to be in a slightly more robust position site wise. Hopefully the site is easy enough for you to use, but we want to make it so that we can manage it a little more easily from our end, and also so that we have something to sell the publicans so we can make more out of having more visitors.

There are some really cool ideas that have been floated, the McGraw's came up with a stormer, basically we get business cards made up to promote ourselves and then give them out to members who can leave them in pubs if they like, which is really low cost for us, and hopefully some of the members would enjoy it.
    I personally use vistaprint.com - they have a little advert in tiny writing on the back, and you get your business cards for free! Or you can pay to have their advert taken of, it's worth a look at. A great idea by the way - tag line could be 'rate this pub at pubsgalore.com'

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

There are some really cool ideas that have been floated, the McGraw's came up with a stormer, basically we get business cards made up to promote ourselves and then give them out to members who can leave them in pubs if they like, which is really low cost for us, and hopefully some of the members would enjoy it.
    it could have "You've just been rated on PG" - or personal ones - "You've just been Souped!"
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    ...and it looks like Manky Badger is also on his way. Not heard from John Bonser yet though.
    So that leaves:
    Rex Rattus
    Maldenman
    Trenchlad
    Trains2064
    DrinkDougalDrink
    ETA
    Ales Only
    Strongers
    DPV
    Carlurmston
    Lad Newton
    Winchester Club
    TiaMariaJim
    Have I missed anyone else sensible? The next goal is 50 active users.

Of course some may be here already but hiding

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

basically we get business cards made up to promote ourselves and then give them out to members who can leave them in pubs if they like, which is really low cost for us, and hopefully some of the members would enjoy it.
    Yes, and it would be good for the site in that the cards would presumably only be left in pubs that members actually liked, therefore encouraging positive reviews. That does provide a slight downside, in that poor pubs may not be noted as such (apart from the member's review, hopefully), and also that the card may well end up behind the bar with the risk that the owner/manager/staff all write glowing reports, regardless of the pub's actual merits.
    That said, the site is in desperate need of some review coverage, which is very weak indeed, so anything to kick-start contributions from other than forum members (whose offerings, I should say in deference, will usually be the most reliable), must be a good thing.
    As with any expanded coverage, PG will then be likely to attract a small proportion of spoilers, but I'm sure Conrad is ready & waiting with his .22 for the duck-shoot. There's an unmissably aggravating style that Biters will recognise, & we'll be happy to alert you to definite & possible culprits. Btw, Conrad, have you the facility to ban an IP address? If so, have you ever used it, was it successful in any degree in removing serial spoiler ids?

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    "You've just been Souped!"
    Well, it beats ''You've just been archived!''

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The next goal is 50 active users.
    Are you on commission ob?