Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Pah! I was God once and never bothered fraternising with mere Super Members - not fit to wash my golden pint goblet out I say. I only came over to PG to see how the rest of the universe exists.
    Yes, I do remember the outrage when they removed your deity status Roger.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manky Badger View Post
    Whilst I'm a newbie here, I was in the first twenty to sign up to BITE's forum......

It strikes me that Chris doesn't plan (or need to plan) to do anything with BITE. All the time the thing is bringing in advertising revenues, he's happy. I would respectfully submit that what we all tend to forget (me most of all) is that being roving reporters for us is a passion, for Chris (and the BITE team) having a website that rakes in the cash is a job. And like most jobs, minimum effort with maximum reward is the target...
    Another in agreement with MB, in some pubs I have been in when queried about taking photo I often mention PG, to which I often get blank look & told they use BITE, an example is Hole in Wall, Southsea http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54396/ even has link on his web site to his BITE entry

Such humility Roger to have an ex-god walking among us and looking for one of us to wash his singlet . If my Bite posts and PuG post were added I should have over a thousand but I prefer to stay as a common mortal and feel the hurt of the ordinary man. Better stop here I feel a bad case of utter drivel coming on.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Most of my posts were made up of me talking to myself! i would only have 27 if they were taken away
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Pah! I was God once and never bothered fraternising with mere Super Members - not fit to wash my golden pint goblet out I say. I only came over to PG to see how the rest of the universe exists.
    When you reach 250 on here you can pick your own moniker, perhaps something simple and modest like "Supreme Being" would be suitable as it beats a mere BITE God .

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Yes, Roger - OB's was originally - I'll stay on me own - then he picked old and bitter
    MILD:

We need that "Early Doors" thread, some people may not get the Tommy allusions

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    We need that "Early Doors" thread, some people may not get the Tommy allusions
    Well if they don't, they need to get it ordered post haste. Great stuff those series (both 1&2), I hope they run to another sometime.
    Too much to pack in here (tho the coppers out back are increasingly fab), but a couple of favs from Tommy, for me, were when he arrives & Ken asks if he'd like a pint of the finest beer in Manchester, Tommy replies 'Yeah, but I'm staying in here tonight!', and the classic scene when asked how his new job is going, Tommy replies 'Alright, apart from the people I have to work with. I hate them, & they hate me. We've agreed to just not even talk to each other'. Then he picks up his out-of-view lollipop stop-sign, & grumbles off home!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    When you reach 250 on here you can pick your own moniker, perhaps something simple and modest like "Supreme Being" would be suitable as it beats a mere BITE God .
    350 now, it is a rolling bar to keep things lively we don't want everyone being Gods, you need mere mortals filling in the vacancies. No one has moved into the new band that exists above 250 yet, Arwkrite was the last God in this batch (and still not exercised his rights with that status), along with Soup, Hopppy and OB.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Well if they don't, they need to get it ordered post haste. Great stuff those series (both 1&2), I hope they run to another sometime.
    Too much to pack in here (tho the coppers out back are increasingly fab), but a couple of favs from Tommy, for me, were when he arrives & Ken asks if he'd like a pint of the finest beer in Manchester, Tommy replies 'Yeah, but I'm staying in here tonight!', and the classic scene when asked how his new job is going, Tommy replies 'Alright, apart from the people I have to work with. I hate them, & they hate me. We've agreed to just not even talk to each other'. Then he picks up his out-of-view lollipop stop-sign, & grumbles off home!
    I don't know, bl00dy johnny-come-latelys... We did Early Doors months ago