Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Chatter

Hybrid View

We need that "Early Doors" thread, some people may not get the Tommy allusions

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    We need that "Early Doors" thread, some people may not get the Tommy allusions
    Well if they don't, they need to get it ordered post haste. Great stuff those series (both 1&2), I hope they run to another sometime.
    Too much to pack in here (tho the coppers out back are increasingly fab), but a couple of favs from Tommy, for me, were when he arrives & Ken asks if he'd like a pint of the finest beer in Manchester, Tommy replies 'Yeah, but I'm staying in here tonight!', and the classic scene when asked how his new job is going, Tommy replies 'Alright, apart from the people I have to work with. I hate them, & they hate me. We've agreed to just not even talk to each other'. Then he picks up his out-of-view lollipop stop-sign, & grumbles off home!

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Well if they don't, they need to get it ordered post haste. Great stuff those series (both 1&2), I hope they run to another sometime.
    Too much to pack in here (tho the coppers out back are increasingly fab), but a couple of favs from Tommy, for me, were when he arrives & Ken asks if he'd like a pint of the finest beer in Manchester, Tommy replies 'Yeah, but I'm staying in here tonight!', and the classic scene when asked how his new job is going, Tommy replies 'Alright, apart from the people I have to work with. I hate them, & they hate me. We've agreed to just not even talk to each other'. Then he picks up his out-of-view lollipop stop-sign, & grumbles off home!
    I don't know, bl00dy johnny-come-latelys... We did Early Doors months ago

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    I don't know, bl00dy johnny-come-latelys... We did Early Doors months ago
    Easy PoH, why don't you help us poor jcl types & attach the source thread then?

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Well, it would have been easier to direct you when things were quiet round here... [there would be a 'smile' smiley here (and a 'whistling' one in my last post), but my efforts to include one are being ignored].

Anyway, I can't see there being objections to another Early Doors thread, quality entertainment that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Easy PoH, why don't you help us poor jcl types & attach the source thread then?
    IIRC there isn't actually an official "Early Doors" thread although due to thread-drift there's quite a lot in the Real Ale Tw*ts thread as well as cropping up here and there just like those roadworks at the end of Rosamund Street.....

Attachment 144
    Last edited by oldboots; 23-01-2010 at 17:11. Reason: fixed broken link (twice!) - To the Regiment!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    just like those roadworks at the end of Rosamund Street.....

Attachment 144
    they added 20 minutes to the time it took to write my reply posting, OB
    MILD:

Ok here's Tommy for those who haven't seen it,