Ads not shown when logged in
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Spritzer Swallower Manky Badger's Avatar

Talking of BITE, is it just my PC, or has the regulars forum gone?
    (I can't see it any more)

You are correct M.B the regular forum has gone. It was there earlier this evening because I was having a mooch about and read your pointed comment about someone should read what they write before hitting the send button. A rather immature re action one thinks but there you go.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 05-02-2010 at 22:03. Reason: It made M>B look the immature one instead of the other party

Yes its gone............................

I would say maybe if you want to save your BITE reviews maybe now might be the time to copy them and paste on to a word document. Its war.

To backtrack-no I don't want PuG to be BITE,ever. But the reviews I made were in good faith so preserving them for people to make balanced judgements isn't much to ask.....

Spritzer Swallower Manky Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Yes its gone............................

I would say maybe if you want to save your BITE reviews maybe now might be the time to copy them and paste on to a word document. Its war.
    BITE have a strange idea of how to run a website.... they are utterly dependent on the good will of others to do endless unpaid work for them.
    And rather than thanking them, they insult their unpaid workers.

I've blogged my feelings on the site, and have copied out all my reviews just in case. But I doubt they will get deleted. They are too lucrative....
    Last edited by Manky Badger; 05-02-2010 at 22:21.

re BITE's South-East bias - it was started as a bit of fun by some friends in London in 2002 and mushroomed (back in the day when a bit of html skill and a good idea could get you so far in a short timeframe!).

Anyways, I think it's time to put BITE to bed on here and let PuG find it's own way - let's everyone work together and for gawds sake make sure that we don't seem like some invading army trying to dictate. An I'd suggest never posting things on the forum whilst pissed!

So yes, now it's time for me to post something outside of this thread, which I will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Manky Badger View Post
    BITE have a strange idea of how to run a website.... they are utterly dependent on the good will of others to do endless unpaid work for them.
    And rather than thanking them, they insult their unpaid workers.

I've blogged my feelings on the site, and have copied out all my reviews just in case. But I doubt they will get deleted. They are too lucrative....
    Is there a "pats himself on the back" smiley that I've missed manky "badget"............... But your point is quite valid.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    An I'd suggest never posting things on the forum whilst pissed!
    Wise words indeed. trainman - take note!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    An I'd suggest never posting things on the forum whilst pissed!
    Damn, does that I've got to delete all mine
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Damn, does that I've got to delete all mine
    No, for you we'd rather you posted ALL yours whilst pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    No, for you we'd rather you posted ALL yours whilst pissed
    I do..........I was gonna do a couple last night, but after a gallon, literally, of the Beast, plus a bottle back home, I forgot, went to sleep. Now I've got to go and retrieve the car, which will, hopefully, still be there and in one piece..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........