Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Harborne Pub Crawl (19/01/10)

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I keep meaning to go back to Harborne and have, indeed, plotted a route via bus or train to do so - i just never seem to get around to it - i will do though. Let me know if you are going again Hoppy

I dont mind the Old Fox, but it always seems to never get to where it should do, if you follow

The Barton is class, The Anchor in Digbeth getting back to how it was, The White Swan is really good, The Lamp is a nice little place, Bull (Price St) is good as well - in my opinion
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I keep meaning to go back to Harborne and have, indeed, plotted a route via bus or train to do so - i just never seem to get around to it - i will do though. Let me know if you are going again Hoppy

I dont mind the Old Fox, but it always seems to never get to where it should do, if you follow

The Barton is class, The Anchor in Digbeth getting back to how it was, The White Swan is really good, The Lamp is a nice little place, Bull (Price St) is good as well - in my opinion
    The Sportsman near White Horse starting to sell real ales, I never went there cos it is bit out of my way. Bus is much easier than train (if you are arriving in Brum) as it goes to Harborne every 5 mins or so and only around 10 mins drive.

I dont intend go back to Old Fox unless they improve the decor and quality of beers.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Birmingham is relatively easy for me to get to, I don't suppose anyone fancies a bit of 'group research' at all?

All in the interests of PuG you understand...

Latest Harborne news: New Inn Harborne taken over by The Bitters & Twisted group, Sister Venue to The Victoria , Island Bar, Rose Villa Tavern & The Jekyll and Hyde due to open in April

http://newinnharborne.co.uk/holding-page/
    Waes hael!

Spritzer Swallower

Myself & a couple of mates decided to visit Harborne for our quarterly get together last Saturday evening for a quick visit & it turned out to be a real disappointment.

Starting at the Green Man which previously I thought was one of the better Ember Inns pubs, its can now only be described as average and the beer quality was really average.

On to the White Horse this was probably the pick of the bunch though even here my Oakham beer was a little too warm and flat for mme personally.

Then the Proverbial which was just crowded out with youngster at the bar

Then the Junction which was also stuffed so full at the bar you wouldn't stand a chance of getting a drink whilst the back room was alot emptier but had an intence stench of fish, really overpowering, perhaps explaining why most people were at the bar area, but really needs better management.

The New Inn was ok, but because of the main area being food only was again crowded. Also the Magic Rock beer wasn't on top form.

Then the Vine was just desperate! And no real ale.

I wouldn't recommend Harborne on a Saturday night after last weekend. We will try a bus route 50 or Hockley next time!