Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Dates on reviews

I'll stay on me own

Default Dates on reviews

As most of you know i am slowly adding reviews to pubs that i have done over the years and i have been putting a date visited at the bottom of my review over the last few months, but there was a lot of reviews that i did'nt put dates to and this has now caused problems on this site which most of you know about.

The Question is would you like me to add dates to all the pubs i have reviewed on this site or are there any better ideas of what to do.

The reason i was unsure about adding dates was that it would then bump up my review to the top and i did'nt want to upset anybody on this site.

I will be happy to go along with what most site users want.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Cheers Alan

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Hi Al,

Just add the visit date on your reviews, even if it bumps it up - at least the context is there for all to see.

Just a thought, but if bumping it up to the top worries you, then add a 'disclaimer' line giving the date of vist and the fact there may be more up-to-date reviews below - you can cut and paste that in.
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Hi Al,

Just add the visit date on your reviews, even if it bumps it up - at least the context is there for all to see.

Just a thought, but if bumping it up to the top worries you, then add a 'disclaimer' line giving the date of vist and the fact there may be more up-to-date reviews below - you can cut and paste that in.
    What Soup said.

We all appreciate your herculean contributions and I am sure we don't worry too much about being inadvertently 'bumped' by you. So long as you quote the visit date if it's more than a few months previous I am sure we are all happy as the context is there for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    What Soup said.

We all appreciate your herculean contributions and I am sure we don't worry too much about being inadvertently 'bumped' by you. So long as you quote the visit date if it's more than a few months previous I am sure we are all happy as the context is there for all to see.
    What he said.

If anyone has a problem with your review from ten years ago being before their recent review they can bump their comments.
    Last edited by Strongers; 27-08-2011 at 23:52.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I'll stay on me own

Thanks for repling to my question

I now have three for changing dates on the forum and one PM saying the same so i will go ahead and start changing the dates on my reviews.
    This wont affect about 700 of my reviews as the dates are when i roughly visited the pubs and i have also pub a lot of dates at the bottom of some of my reviews.
    So hopefully i wont be bumping to many of my reviews up.

Cheers Alan