Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A moan about some real ale pubs...

Quote Originally Posted by General Staal View Post
    Went into the Queslett yesterday and what were their real ales - Jaipur IPA, Fuller's IPA, Pedigree Pale Ale and Brew XI. For an Ember Inn, the Queslett used to have a nice range of beer. It was all well kept, but it was a choice of a pale ale, or a pale ale or a Bitter...
    Dunno about you, but I'd kill to see Jaipur in a pub-never ever seen or tried it.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Jaipur was given as the inclusive beer with a curry in Wethherspoon Drapers in Peterborough after the fest. We had 2 free pints and it was good. Usually only offer Ruddles so we were well chuffed.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    I'd kill to see Jaipur in a pub-never ever seen or tried it.
    I've tried it 3 or 4 times and really can't get into it but then I appear to be the only person who feels this way so it's probably just me! I felt the same way about the Bengal Lancer from Fullers which I thought was a similar pint. I may enjoy them a bit more with a curry though - some beers take on a whole new character when accompanying a curry and I could see them being a decent compliment to a tongue burning Vindaloo!

Dunno about you, but I'd kill to see Jaipur in a pub-never ever seen or tried it.
    Its often in pubs in Birmingham City Centre - well, its often in the Old Contemptibles. Its about 5.9%. I didn't like it when I tried it.

I am not complaining that Jaipur was on, just that it was one of three PAs. No real choice.

In my opinion, a pub should have a pale and a dark ale at least. Or a pale, an amber and a dark. All IPAs is no choice at all.

Its often in pubs in Birmingham City Centre - well, its often in the Old Contemptibles.
    or the other Nicholson's pubs - The Shakespeare in Lower Temple Street or the other Shakespeare in Summer Row
    Waes hael!

Its often in pubs in Birmingham City Centre - well, its often in the Old Contemptibles. Its about 5.9%. I didn't like it when I tried it.

I am not complaining that Jaipur was on, just that it was one of three PAs. No real choice.

In my opinion, a pub should have a pale and a dark ale at least. Or a pale, an amber and a dark. All IPAs is no choice at all.
    I agree with the choice aspect;I only commented because I've never seen this divisive beer! Call me old fashioned, but my ideal pub would have the whole range of one brewery's production available, preferably on gravity.I know I shouldn't, but I tend to distrust the rubric "beer range varies" in the GBG.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I'll stay on me own

I agree with the choice aspect;I only commented because I've never seen this divisive beer! Call me old fashioned, but my ideal pub would have the whole range of one brewery's production available, preferably on gravity.I know I shouldn't, but I tend to distrust the rubric "beer range varies" in the GBG.
    Hi Wittenden,

If your ever in North Yorkshire try going in the Wooley Sheep in Skipton,this is a Timothy Taylor tied house and when i went in there two weeks ago they had the full range of Timothy Taylors beers on the bar this included Golden Best which is a light mild, Dark mild, Landlord a proper bitter, Best Bitter normal session bitter and Ram Tam a dark porter type drink.
    I thought this was a great choice of beers from one brewery and all on the bar at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I've tried it 3 or 4 times and really can't get into it but then I appear to be the only person who feels this way so it's probably just me!
    Me too! Mind you, I'm not that keen on any of the Thornbridge beers, which was a bit of a bugger when the Sheffield Tap opened, as that was all they served. Fortunately, they now have other breweries' product available, including Hard Knott.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Hi Wittenden,

If your ever in North Yorkshire try going in the Wooley Sheep in Skipton,this is a Timothy Taylor tied house and when i went in there two weeks ago they had the full range of Timothy Taylors beers on the bar this included Golden Best which is a light mild, Dark mild, Landlord a proper bitter, Best Bitter normal session bitter and Ram Tam a dark porter type drink.

I thought this was a great choice of beers from one brewery and all on the bar at the same time.
    Sounds like my type of pub! We hope to be in North Yorkshire next month, but the other side of the A1!