Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Not A Fan Of Wetherspoons? Check This Out!

  1. #1
    Real Ale Drinker HTM69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gillingham, Kent
    Posts
    150

    Default Not A Fan Of Wetherspoons? Check This Out!

    Here goes: first post!

    Anyone with a dislike for Tim Martins forever-growing empire can join this merry lot!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avoid-...n/44864167834#

  2. #2
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Hi HTM69,

    Oh dear , this can't end well.

    Welcome to PG, I think you already know quite a lot of our posters, myself and Dave M are the site admins so if you have any problems, queries or can see ways to improve the site, just let us know. I would normally suggest that our most prolific poster Hopwas (Hoppy) will be along to greet you shortly, but as someone who would get a job cheerleading for JDW he may be a bit grumpy (plus he is on a pub crawl in London).

    Hope you enjoy your stay,

    Conrad

  3. #3
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,194

    Default

    Hello to another name familiar from somewhere else, welcome HTM69 join the rest of the escapees


    Hoppy - calm down, calm down, HTM doesn't mean it, it's just a bit of fun on Farcebook
    There are many diseases,
    that strike people's kneeses,
    Covid19! is one by name
    It comes from the East
    Packed in bladders of yeast
    So the Chinese must take half the blame.

    Apologies to Spike Milligan

  4. #4
    The Beerhunter. RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dartford, Kentshire near Londinium.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    Here goes: first post!

    Anyone with a dislike for Tim Martins forever-growing empire can join this merry lot!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avoid-...n/44864167834#
    Oh dear. I shouldn't have told you that Wetherspoons 3rd biggest fan (behind Tim Martin and that John Adams bloke who has visited virtually every one) is present on this site.

  5. #5
    Real Ale Drinker HTM69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gillingham, Kent
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Well, I wanted to start a thread and I thought this would generate a few responses!

    I am actually a Wetherspoon fan.

    I wonder if Hoppy could enlighten me on whether they are likely to open a new branch in the Medway area? I e-mailed them and got the response I expected: ' we are always on the look out. Please inform us if you know of any premises which become avaiable and may be suitable' Well, it went something like that, anyway!

  6. #6
    The Beerhunter. RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dartford, Kentshire near Londinium.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    Well, I wanted to start a thread and I thought this would generate a few responses!

    I am actually a Wetherspoon fan.

    I wonder if Hoppy could enlighten me on whether they are likely to open a new branch in the Medway area? I e-mailed them and got the response I expected: ' we are always on the look out. Please inform us if you know of any premises which become avaiable and may be suitable' Well, it went something like that, anyway!
    This is the best place to get the latest on Wetherspoon openings - its the John Adams (as previously mentioned) 'Spoons page http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ccaajpa/pubs-spoons.html . The answer, sadly, is no.

  7. #7
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    I wonder if Hoppy could enlighten me on whether they are likely to open a new branch in the Medway area? I e-mailed them and got the response I expected: ' we are always on the look out. Please inform us if you know of any premises which become avaiable and may be suitable' Well, it went something like that, anyway!
    Oh well thats Hoppy writing in and suggesting his house then

  8. #8
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    Here goes: first post!

    Anyone with a dislike for Tim Martins forever-growing empire can join this merry lot!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avoid-...n/44864167834#
    I would just love to meet this person who set up.. I would gladly bring him to Silk Kite in Tamworth and discuss our differences. What is his beef with JDW? Most of JDWs I have visited is very friendly staff, great food, huge array of beers and great banter with fellow drinkers. I must admit one or two I had a bad experience but I just walked it off. It is seedy pubs like The Acorn in Erdington, Tavern in the Town, Tamworth and any dodgy pubs recieves far worse reaction than JDW.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Hello to another name familiar from somewhere else, welcome HTM69 join the rest of the escapees


    Hoppy - calm down, calm down, HTM doesn't mean it, it's just a bit of fun on Farcebook
    I just calmed down after reading farcebook. Oh I have noticed there is surge of people from BITE to here. What happening?!

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Oh dear. I shouldn't have told you that Wetherspoons 3rd biggest fan (behind Tim Martin and that John Adams bloke who has visited virtually every one) is present on this site.
    Thanks Roger! I have virtually every one in West Midlands (not black country) and most in East Midlands.

    Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    Well, I wanted to start a thread and I thought this would generate a few responses!

    I am actually a Wetherspoon fan.

    I wonder if Hoppy could enlighten me on whether they are likely to open a new branch in the Medway area? I e-mailed them and got the response I expected: ' we are always on the look out. Please inform us if you know of any premises which become avaiable and may be suitable' Well, it went something like that, anyway!
    Iam glad you are JDW fan I am pleased there is growing support of JDW on this forum See below. Also there is 2 new JDW open in Brum very soon. I do intend to visit both and tick off JDW pubs.

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    This is the best place to get the latest on Wetherspoon openings - its the John Adams (as previously mentioned) 'Spoons page http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ccaajpa/pubs-spoons.html . The answer, sadly, is no.
    Yep It is simply the best place to visit or grab free JDW mag in JDW pubs. They usually show listings of new coming soon pubs.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  9. #9
    Official JDW Tester hopwas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Oh well thats Hoppy writing in and suggesting his house then
    That's right. You should have keep your mouth shut...

    If I were to open new JDW in my house. I would call it as..

    The Coleshill Town Arms
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

  10. #10
    I'll stay on me own runningdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East Dorset
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Oh dear. I shouldn't have told you that Wetherspoons 3rd biggest fan (behind Tim Martin and that John Adams bloke who has visited virtually every one) is present on this site.
    I keep telling folk, 'e's only third or fourth...was in the Nightjar this morning, the guests were all dying, the Directors and Fortyniner off, but loads of pipe cleaning going on and a brand new barrel of Abbot which is now well started.....
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Similar Threads

  1. 2 New Wetherspoons opening in B'ham
    By hopwas in forum Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 08:13
  2. Name correction Wetherspoons Aberdare
    By Aberdare Blog in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 20:56
  3. Wetherspoons, Heathrow Airport
    By Arthurish in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-05-2008, 18:16
  4. check address
    By Arthurish in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-01-2007, 22:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •