Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not A Fan Of Wetherspoons? Check This Out!

Default Not A Fan Of Wetherspoons? Check This Out!

Here goes: first post!

Anyone with a dislike for Tim Martins forever-growing empire can join this merry lot!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avoid-...n/44864167834#

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi HTM69,

Oh dear , this can't end well.

Welcome to PG, I think you already know quite a lot of our posters, myself and Dave M are the site admins so if you have any problems, queries or can see ways to improve the site, just let us know. I would normally suggest that our most prolific poster Hopwas (Hoppy) will be along to greet you shortly, but as someone who would get a job cheerleading for JDW he may be a bit grumpy (plus he is on a pub crawl in London).

Hope you enjoy your stay,

Conrad

Hello to another name familiar from somewhere else, welcome HTM69 join the rest of the escapees

Hoppy - calm down, calm down, HTM doesn't mean it, it's just a bit of fun on Farcebook

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post

Anyone with a dislike for Tim Martins forever-growing empire can join this merry lot!

Oh dear. I shouldn't have told you that Wetherspoons 3rd biggest fan (behind Tim Martin and that John Adams bloke who has visited virtually every one) is present on this site.

Well, I wanted to start a thread and I thought this would generate a few responses!

I am actually a Wetherspoon fan.

I wonder if Hoppy could enlighten me on whether they are likely to open a new branch in the Medway area? I e-mailed them and got the response I expected: ' we are always on the look out. Please inform us if you know of any premises which become avaiable and may be suitable' Well, it went something like that, anyway!

Well, I wanted to start a thread and I thought this would generate a few responses!

I wonder if Hoppy could enlighten me on whether they are likely to open a new branch in the Medway area? I e-mailed them and got the response I expected: ' we are always on the look out. Please inform us if you know of any premises which become avaiable and may be suitable' Well, it went something like that, anyway!
    This is the best place to get the latest on Wetherspoon openings - its the John Adams (as previously mentioned) 'Spoons page http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ccaajpa/pubs-spoons.html . The answer, sadly, is no.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Oh well thats Hoppy writing in and suggesting his house then

I would just love to meet this person who set up.. I would gladly bring him to Silk Kite in Tamworth and discuss our differences. What is his beef with JDW? Most of JDWs I have visited is very friendly staff, great food, huge array of beers and great banter with fellow drinkers. I must admit one or two I had a bad experience but I just walked it off. It is seedy pubs like The Acorn in Erdington, Tavern in the Town, Tamworth and any dodgy pubs recieves far worse reaction than JDW.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Hello to another name familiar from somewhere else, welcome HTM69 join the rest of the escapees

Hoppy - calm down, calm down, HTM doesn't mean it, it's just a bit of fun on Farcebook
    I just calmed down after reading farcebook. Oh I have noticed there is surge of people from BITE to here. What happening?!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Oh dear. I shouldn't have told you that Wetherspoons 3rd biggest fan (behind Tim Martin and that John Adams bloke who has visited virtually every one) is present on this site.
    Thanks Roger! I have virtually every one in West Midlands (not black country) and most in East Midlands.

Iam glad you are JDW fan I am pleased there is growing support of JDW on this forum See below. Also there is 2 new JDW open in Brum very soon. I do intend to visit both and tick off JDW pubs.

This is the best place to get the latest on Wetherspoon openings - its the John Adams (as previously mentioned) 'Spoons page http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ccaajpa/pubs-spoons.html . The answer, sadly, is no.
    Yep It is simply the best place to visit or grab free JDW mag in JDW pubs. They usually show listings of new coming soon pubs.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Oh well thats Hoppy writing in and suggesting his house then
    That's right. You should have keep your mouth shut...

If I were to open new JDW in my house. I would call it as..

The Coleshill Town Arms
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

I keep telling folk, 'e's only third or fourth...was in the Nightjar this morning, the guests were all dying, the Directors and Fortyniner off, but loads of pipe cleaning going on and a brand new barrel of Abbot which is now well started.....
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........