Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Ah well you only gave it a 3. Make sure you mark it up as closed!

Perhaps of more concern is the fate of the Falcon at Clapham Junction if things kick off again tonight. Or the Pembury in Hackney.
    I was about to mark it as closed but someone beat me to it! It wasn't the best 'Spoons around but losing any pub in Woolwich that sells real ales is a major loss.
    Last edited by RogerB; 09-08-2011 at 11:42.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Perhaps of more concern is the fate of the Falcon at Clapham Junction if things kick off again tonight.
    A news clip just before clearly showed The Falcon with a fire appliance parked in front, hope there's no damage.

The Victoria in N17 was boarded up on the news last night. Hopefully it is a precautionary measure.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    The Victoria in N17 was boarded up on the news last night. Hopefully it is a precautionary measure.
    I once experienced a riot whilst drinking in the Victoria a couple of years ago! A pitched battle with Cardiff City fans was going on outside and then all of a sudden the front windows came crashing in. Scary stuff.

I had a wander around Croydon this morning after watching things unfold on the TV last night. The level of destruction is quite spectacular, especially around West Croydon and I understand that trouble has already broken out again today in Thornton Heath, to the North of the borough.

There's a very tense atmosphere in work today - apparently our building was targeted last night but security kept them at bay.

I'm not aware of any local pubs being damaged, but there was an excellent interview on the BBC last night with the landlord of the Old Fox and Hounds pub opposite West Croydon station, in which he described his attempts to evacuate his customers, including a 90 year old lady, at the exact moment that the rioters charged the police.

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I had a wander around Croydon this morning after watching things unfold on the TV last night. The level of destruction is quite spectacular, especially around West Croydon.
    http://www.met.police.uk/rioterswanted/

Get spotting!

I was on early turns this week since Thursday starting at 05.00 in the morning going though Woodgreen Palmers Green and Southgate on the way too work Has been interesting too say the least.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Could be fun around here on Saturday , EDL are holding a march in Wellington near a mostly Muslim area with tensions already running high in the area and Telford are playing Luton just round the corner , instead of calling the game off the police have put it back to 19 45 so the towns going to be full of pissed up Luton fans , i am staying in on Saturday
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This Space For Hire

If this is still going on when firms at at large on Saturday, I expect a fair few kid rioters won't be returning home Saturday night, the football fans will see to that. All the sports fans I have on social networks are appalled at what has been going on and sports fans/firms probably make up the majority of the vigilante groups that were walking the streets in many towns and cities last night to keep them safe.