Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look in your Garden Shed...

Default Look in your Garden Shed...

You might find an unopened Party Seven can brewed/created by Watney,Combe and Reid. If you do come across one then give the Royal Society of Chemistry a call because they want one.Its something to do with tracing the history of bottling and canning in the brewing industry. ( You did not for one minute think they wanted to drink it did you ? Mmmm, then again Chemists are always sniffing weird stuff) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-drinkers.html

My shed is full of half empty paint tins, the contents of which probably taste better than that of a Party Seven.

Real Ale Drinker

Do wish my shed had room for the Party seven, its crammed with golf balls which is driving wife mad

I remember few years ago, me and my mate was clearing out his parents' huge garage (enough for 4 cars!) and found this small crate with Tetleys. Do any of you rememberTetley's old design with man in fox hunting suit? I opened the crate and picked up a can. I was shocked when I saw its Best Before date... 1994. This was in around 2005! 11 years out of date! Sensibly, we empited entire stock into drain.

His parents has forgetten about it and was intended for Happy New Year party in 1993...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Nothing exiting in my shed only the usual gardening stuff , a couple of mountain bikes and a totally usless(for now anyway) imperial tool kit .

How strange - we were only talking about party 7s Saturday night. I'm too young to remember them of course but we're looking at doing take away real ale soon

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    How strange - we were only talking about party 7s Saturday night. I'm too young to remember them of course but we're looking at doing take away real ale soon
    I like the idea of take away real ale, Eddie86, but a local SPAR sometimes carry out Westerham ales:lovely idea, but I'm afraid the milk type container imparts a plasticy taste.(Much better than a Party Seven though, which I certainly remember!)

I've seen some 2 pint cartons that come in flat pack, but I'm also trying to find some, erm, other ones, that hold a bit more. I'm a bit tired for remembering the details - I know the fat cat in Norwich sold them (branded by woodfordes if memory serves correct)

I remember going to a family party in the 70's and using the required triangular ended opener on the can . No it did not end up on the ceiling, like so many did, but soaked the crotch of my beige cavalry twill trousers. Only the incontinent truly understand the problems of trying to pull while wearing visibly damp trousers. Now they just put it down to my age.

I do look in me shed sometimes, usually to chuck something else over the back. As for emptying it, not a hope, one day it'll burst and 'mrs rd' will crow about telling me so. Anyways, the nearest thing to drinkable in there is bottle of anti-freeze.
    Thinkin on it, years ago I had mate who drank anti-freeze, paint thinners, Tetley, Carlsberg, anything really. He once drank a quart of sour milk, I felt ill just watching. He's dead, of course, he stepped of the back of a bus onto the bonnet of a car, both were doing about 40. Stone-cold sober at the time, the coroner believed it, I didn't..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 19-01-2010 at 10:05. Reason: fingers bein lazy, leavin words out. Nothin new there then..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........