Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: How do you think your team will do this season?

Hybrid View

Default How do you think your team will do this season?

Well the new season is upon us - how do we all think we will do ?

I reckon the Villa will win the league and both cups !!

OK back to reality - we will have a very average season and probably finish about 8th as well as having a decent run in one of the cups before we blow it in the Quarter final.

Del.

I am a salmon !!

My team is Bournemouth. We've sold a lot of players in the close season and will probably lose one or two more before the transfer window closes, meaning it's unlikely we'll repeat our play-off feat of last season. Still fancy a mid-table finish without the stress of a relegation battle, but these leagues rarely go as expected. Either way, I'm really excited about the opening game at Charlton tomorrow, even if our team bus has just spent 5-6 hours stuck on the M25, thanks to an accident that closed the South London stretch all evening.

As for Villa, they have a very good starting line-up, but a few injuries could screw their season. Would be good to see them in the top six, but can't see that happening yet.

Top of the league 1 at Christmas and lose in play offs to Udders! 1st round of Johnston Paint and league Cup, maybe 3rd of FA.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I am a Sunderland supporter and am just happy that they manage to stay in the Premiership.

My other team I atch out for is Hartlepool, and a lot of interest there this season. They have reduced the price of season tickets from £399 to £100, and instead of selling around 1000, sales are currently close to 6000. The ground capacity I believe is somewhere around 7000. I am not one with a lot of knowledge on these sort of things, but have been getting stuff from my footy crazy son who was born in Hartlepool and moved from Birmingham to Co Durham to support Hartlepool when he got disallusioned with Aston Villa some years ago.

He said other clubs are contacting Hartlepool for info and a lot will be watching how this season goes for them. They have an international on board too. Nolberto Solarno, who played for Peru,Newcastle and Aston Villa.
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 06-08-2011 at 08:13.

Spurs - If the papers are anything to go by, about 10 first team players are currently linked with other clubs so I don't have a clue who will even be with us come the close of the transfer window. If we keep most of what we have got then I envisage a similar league pattern to last year, finishing around 5th although I suspect we could pip the A*se to 4th spot this year. I fancy us for a cup final somewhere along the line.

Dartford - Did well to consolodate their first season at Conference South level for 20 years and ended up with the Kent Senior Cup in the Trophy cabinet as well. After a poor start they finished the season strongly for a comfortable mid-table position but have the resources to have improved the team over the summer. If the new players gel, would be looking to a play off spot this season.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Sunderland have been busier than most in the transfer market (nine signings so far), so a lot will depend on how quickly the new players settle into the team. Hopefully we can build on last season’s tenth place finish, if we can do better than that I’ll be happy. A cup run would be nice, as for too many years now we have tended to go out to poor sides at the first or second hurdle in both cups.

Failing the above, I’ll have to content myself with enjoying the ongoing soap opera up the road.
    And you can really taste the hops!