Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: pubs.com

Default pubs.com

At GBBF yesterday I saw a stall for this site and wandered over to take a look. Got chatting to the wife of the bloke who runs it and decided to feign ignorance of pub websites to see what was said.

Very pleasant woman, apparently the site is going to be like an online version of the Good Pub Guide - not a catch-all listings site like PuG, so they are trying to carve out a distinct niche.

Apparently they have set it up as the husband likes to take pub photos (sound familiar?) and wanted a proper outlet for his hobby. She freely admitted that they were currently not making any money from it at present.

Anyway I let the cat out of the bag and I gave her a PuG card (I was littering GBBF with them yesterday!) and gave her a bit of spiel about us as I decided that the two sites seem mutually exclusive and perhaps there may even be benefits from the two sides knowing each other. Will be interesting to see how their site develops - they have a great url so that's a start.
    Last edited by Quinno; 05-08-2011 at 11:28.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Domain is owned by Paul K, lives in Surrey

Had a quick play, find a pub nearby using post code, needs a bit of refinement as it showed one as being 17 miles away, unfortunately it is on the Isle of Wight, so not as handy as they may think

Looks like quite a tidy site with a few interesting bits (nice write up about pub signs!) and as Quinno says, it's got a great url, but it needs a lot more contributions to make it worthwhile.

From a couple of seaches I did, there appears to be just the one pub listed for the whole of Dorset and a mere two pubs in the whole of Wales!!