Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PG Meet-up 2011

May look at an overnighter or extended weekend since I haven't done Nottingham to any great extend as a drinker or a tourist! Also, no premier fixtures that weekend. It's also FA Cup 1st round and Burton Albion's new ground is one on my "to do" list so I could do a day in Burton on the Saturday if they get a home draw.

Just had a look at potential Nottingham pubs to visit. There's only 23 I have picked out in for my initial list and that's just within half a mile of the station. Looks like advance return fares from London will be around £30/40. Also looked at some hotels - a couple of decent looking central hotels for around £40/50 per night. I think this mightl be 3 or 4 day job for me.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Just had a look at potential Nottingham pubs to visit. There's only 23 I have picked out in for my initial list and that's just within half a mile of the station. Looks like advance return fares from London will be around £30/40. Also looked at some hotels - a couple of decent looking central hotels for around £40/50 per night. I think this mightl be 3 or 4 day job for me.
    I still have 20+ reviews from Notts to put on. We stopped in a big central hotel, near the station, Roger - it was fine - will find out what it was and let you know. Burton's new ground is so much better than the old - i went to the old ground when they were playing Hereford in the Conference and there was punch-up between the fans - can't remember who i saw at the new ground without checking my programme collection!

Are Conrad and Dave coming? and what will be on the T-Shirts this year?
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I still have 20+ reviews from Notts to put on. We stopped in a big central hotel, near the station, Roger - it was fine - will find out what it was and let you know. Burton's new ground is so much better than the old - i went to the old ground when they were playing Hereford in the Conference and there was punch-up between the fans - can't remember who i saw at the new ground without checking my programme collection!

Are Conrad and Dave coming? and what will be on the T-Shirts this year?
    I've got the Days Hotel and Jury's Inn on the radar. Just waiting for the cheap train tickets to kick in and then I'll see about booking something. I went to Burton's old ground in the 80's when Dartford played them in the FA Trophy semi final. It was er, quaint! With 5 'Spoons in Nottingham I won't be short of my customary breakfasts for a few days either!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I've got the Days Hotel and Jury's Inn on the radar. Just waiting for the cheap train tickets to kick in and then I'll see about booking something. I went to Burton's old ground in the 80's when Dartford played them in the FA Trophy semi final. It was er, quaint! With 5 'Spoons in Nottingham I won't be short of my customary breakfasts for a few days either!
    Jury's Inn, that was it!

Fine, but massive queues at the check-in (hotels galore, here i come)

I will check out times of choo choos and what Andy Ven is doing, hopefully he will drive and just have a half
    MILD:

I will check out times of choo choos and what Andy Ven is doing, hopefully he will drive and just have a half
    I'll drive your car but I may have several halves so we can leave your car there and get the train back to Walsall and then you can fetch it when you're not working

On the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the year two thousand and eleven - should we meet up at eleven minutes past eleven? No chance of us forgetting the time and date then
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 28-07-2011 at 20:43.
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    We seem to moving towards a consensus...Nottingham....Friday 11th November.
    Meet up at the VAT & Fiddle (nearest GBG pub to the train station).
    Sounds good to me.

...what will be on the T-Shirts this year?
    How about Sherwood Like a Beer (Tour?) 2011?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

There's only 23 I have picked out in for my initial list and that's just within half a mile of the station.
    Bloody Hell Roger, if a place has a licence it must go on your list. I can't think beyond V&F plus Newshouse nr station, but could spend all day in either.

Nottingham &, ahem, Beeston (at least Victoria & Crown) is great for beer & I'll deffo be up for it if circumstances allow.
    I shall be touring with some good Burghers of that locale this weekend... in Sheffield!

Seems to be a gap in the footy calendar that wwekend, but can't see owt listed for Eng-er-land either?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    We seem to moving towards a consensus so let me throw in a suggestion and see who agrees (or suggests an alternative):

Nottingham.

Friday 11th November.

Meet up at the VAT & Fiddle (nearest GBG pub to the train station).
    Sounds good to me too.

A&H - Direct trains from Leeds £20.40 cheap day return via Sheffield only. The 10:05 looks best arriving Nottingham 12:02 - Northern Fail allowing

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    A&H - Direct trains from Leeds £20.40 cheap day return via Sheffield only. The 10:05 looks best arriving Nottingham 12:02 - Northern Fail allowing
    Not had chance to do any research yet, but that sounds like the one! Will fine tune nearer the time, to pair up en route at some stage.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.