Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Game 2011/12 Season

As I was going on holiday I picked my team before we went and had to rely on them to do the business for the first two weeks.

No surprise then that after a decent week one, half of my team got injured and I'm now exactly whee I was after our hols last year. Next to bottom.

Back to the long hard slog (and a wildcard) to get back in contention (hopefully).
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I've not played one of these before, but my current 104 points sticks me in second place in the PUG league. I'm sure that when I'm added after the next games I will have dropped a few places, like I did in the second round with a paltry score of 31.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I too have been away so hadn't really picked my team with any conviction. Like Spurs, I will make a late surge into the thick of things.

I can't remember who I had playing for me today but given the number of balls that ended up in the onion bag this afternoon I'm quite scared to see whether it was of any benefit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I can't remember who I had playing for me today but given the number of balls that ended up in the onion bag this afternoon I'm quite scared to see whether it was of any benefit to me.
    Likewise. Some smug sods will have Dzeko and Rooney up front, let's hope they also had North London-based defenders too

Given the extraordinary results today I haven't come out too bad but not exactly set the world flying either.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Likewise. Some smug sods will have Dzeko and Rooney up front, let's hope they also had North London-based defenders too
    I have Dzeko but unfortunately have Drogba and Bent playing alongside and they did nothing ... a bit like the rest of my team. Only a fool would have Arsenal and Spurs defenders at the moment.

I did pair Dzeko with Rooney in one of my Telegraph teams, and also had Dempsey so 8 goals from that team. Shame I wasn't able to get Young in as well.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Had a personal best this week - 82 points helped by 3 of the week's star players - Bale (26pts), Huth (15pts) and Murphy (9pts). Gone from relegation fodder to mid-table security in one weekend!

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Time for a Christmas update on the Pubs Galore Fantasy Football League.

Racing away with 991 points is Peter Ashworth's Spiders From Mars . This gives Peter a 90 point lead over second place and he has also reached the 'ziggy' heights of around 13k place in the overall league (from over 2 million players). A great effort so far but I noticed the wildcard being burned early (more on wildcards later)

In second place on 901 points is Quinno with what looks like a fairly similar team to Peter's (you can see who the pros are at this game). Quinno has also built up an impressive team value of 106.4M with some shrewd transfers. He has also played his wildcard though, so maybe there is hope for us chasers.

After a pretty poor start I've dragged myself into third place with 837 points, but only just. I'm heading a group of 5 (Delboy, Steve Wilson, Roger and ROBCamra being the others) where there is just 41 points between us. That's the sort of lead that can be swept up in a good/bad week so all to play for.

Bringing up the rear are Trainman, who is probably getting enough fantasy football watching Man City, and Strongers who seems to have given up and resigned himself to relegation (to the BITE league? )

If you haven't already played your wildcard this can be used in any week to make as many transfers as you want to without losing any points.

Please also be aware that we are approaching a special January wildcard window where there is an extra one-off wildcard that can be used between Gameweeks 20-23 which is 2nd Jan to 4th Feb. This is a special 'use it or lose it' wildcard and cannot be carried over until later weeks. You can use it at any time during the window but it is only valid for one Gameweek, i.e. you cannot make 4 transfers in GW21 then another 5 in GW23. This is a useful wildcard as it can help you to repair an underperforming squad. Some may use it around week 20 when Tottenham and Everton have two games and some might save it until the end when there may be some bargains from the actual January transfer window activity.

Good luck to everyone for the second half of the season and let's see if we can catch Peter and Quinno

Cheers
    Clive
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I got prediction fatigue, but still pop my head in a make the odd wrong change.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES