Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Death or Glory

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Default Death or Glory

I've come all the way from Hertfordshire to East Sussex, sitting in the Gardeners Arms and I am faced with Tring Brewery Death or Glory. Not complaining, one of my favourite strong ales and I can never resist it when I see it. Big BotW candidate.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I've come all the way from Hertfordshire to East Sussex, sitting in the Gardeners Arms and I am faced with Tring Brewery Death or Glory. Not complaining, one of my favourite strong ales and I can never resist it when I see it. Big BotW candidate.
    Reminds me of when I went to Jersey and found Brakspear Oxford Gold which is brewed up the road from where I live. It's a small world.
    No doubt you're getting a healthy ration of Harvey's though while you're there. Enjoy !

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    No doubt you're getting a healthy ration of Harvey's though while you're there. Enjoy !
    Down here with my Dad so have to be careful, although he's doing well. Monday we met friends and did the tourist thing in the morning then spent the afternoon in the John Harvey Tavern drinking Sussex Best from the cask and waching the rain.

Dropped into the Snowdrop Inn tonight for one and they had a good range of Dark Star beers on. Saw a tap for Delirium Tremens but unfortunately they were out of it - as I probably would have been had they not been.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Back in the Gardeners Arms for a couple. The Death or Glory has gone but there is a very nice Elmo's Fire from Moles on. Fantastic drinkers pub this.