Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire in late August - anyone around for a meet-up?

Default Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire in late August - anyone around for a meet-up?

My yearly pilgrimage up the the Derbyshire/Yorkshire border - house-sitting for my Uncle - is on again this year, 'twixt 27 Aug to Sept 2nd. I will be located in in Dronfield, which has Nottingham at one end of the line and Leeds at the other. It currently looks like Mrs Quinno will not be in attendance so it's a full-on beer week for me.

Now then, will anyone located oop Nurf fancy meeting up for a few jars during the school week (or the Sunday?)??

EDIT:

Just whizzed a few options through Google and National Rail. I am good for:
    -Derby
    -Stockport
    -Manchester
    -Huddersfield
    -Dewsbury
    -Halifax
    -Bradford
    -Harrogate (at a push)
    -Doncaster

As well as any on the Drofield line (Leeds, Sheffield, Wakefield, Chesterfield and Nottingham). I have to be back at a reasonable time in the evening (before 7:30) in order to feed the aged moggy so I can't go too far, sadly.

Anyways, if anyone is available, let me know and I will plan my drinking week accordingly...
    Last edited by Quinno; 19-07-2011 at 11:55.

Sounds interesting.

I can do Halifax or Bradford or Leeds on Thursday or Friday 1st & 2nd September at the moment.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Sounds interesting.

I can do Halifax or Bradford or Leeds on Thursday or Friday 1st & 2nd September at the moment.
    ohh - Halifax sounds good to me. That's trip 1 of 6 sorted!

If you're up for a double-header I could do Bradford or Leeds the other day...

I might be persuaded, Leeds is easiest for me but Huddersfield, and Sheffield are very good for pubs; Halifax is improving steadily and worth a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I might be persuaded, Leeds is easiest for me but Huddersfield, and Sheffield are very good for pubs; Halifax is improving steadily and worth a trip.
    Leeds is also easy for me too, so let's pencil Leeds in - are you good for Thursday or Friday so we can get you, me and Rob in the same place?

Also, see my edited original post for all destinations I can do, in case any others take your fancy...
    Last edited by Quinno; 19-07-2011 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Leeds is also easy for me too, so let's pencil Leeds in - are you good for Thursday or Friday so we can get you, me and Rob in the same place?

Also, see my edited original post for all destinations I can do, in case any others take your fancy...
    I'm OK to do Leeds on one of those days.

We've been to Leeds 3 times this year so far and I worked there for about 2.5 years in 3 stints, so I know the place pretty well.

You won't manage to do all the good pubs in Leeds in one visit though, there's just too many.

The only double up over our 3 visits was Mr Foleys, all the others were single visits and we did 20 pubs in Leeds and 4 in Horsforth.

Even then we still didn't get to the Templar or Wrens
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 19-07-2011 at 12:09.

We've been to Leeds 3 times this year so far and I worked there for about 2.5 years in 3 stints, so I know the place pretty well.

You won't manage to do all the good pubs in Leeds in one visit though, there's just too many.
    I did Leeds a couple of years back (just before I quit the other side) and managed to do all the town centre ones of interest. I still have the notes somewhere, in a big pile of reviews to shoehorn in via the mass migrate tool. Another visit will mean I don't have to bother!

Hopefully with an informed guide I can do a couple of places slightly farther out - in 2009 I didn't fancy getting lost in the outskirts of Leeds, drunk and with a only a tatty google map print out for company !

I did Leeds a couple of years back (just before I quit the other side) and managed to do all the town centre ones of interest. I still have the notes somewhere, in a big pile of reviews to shoehorn in via the mass migrate tool. Another visit will mean I don't have to bother!

Hopefully with an informed guide I can do a couple of places slightly farther out - in 2009 I didn't fancy getting lost in the outskirts of Leeds, drunk and with a only a tatty google map print out for company !
    West Riding, The Hop, Midnight Bell, Cross Keys, Veritas and Leeds Brewery Tap probably weren't even open then.

West Riding, The Hop, Midnight Bell, Cross Keys, Veritas and Leeds Brewery Tap probably weren't even open then.
    LOL - well they certainly weren't on my list! Sounds like Leeds is fast becoming on par with Sheffield.

either is fine, I will book a day (or two) off but that only needs to be done in early August.