I set off from Tamworth to Lichfield on No.825 bus. Had quick black coffee in Gatehouse before caught No.60 bus to Burntwood.
I got off and pub already in front of me..

The Star

I have been to numberous Ember Inn including my own local The Fox, Hopwas but The Star is really bizarre in terms of layout. Easily most cramped Ember Inn I have been. Had swift half of Coach horse's best bitter which is okay if not the best.

I walked down on Lichfield Road and The White Swan is in my sights. I went up its door and tried to open the door. What I didnt realise is that the pub is open from 4.30 on weekdays. Not a problem as I got plenty of pubs on my list.

5 mins later, The Centurion... closed!

Never mind.. just down the road, To my delight The Trident is on my radar.. From delight to huge disappointment in matter of seconds. "For Sale" is on its wall and closed.

Cottage of Content is quite long way to walk so I catch bus and dropped off. CLOSED

Few mins later The Junction Inn CLOSED CLOSED Just around the corner..

At LAST The Crown is open!!! I was so angry about closed pubs that I ordered pint of Guinness (I dont normally order on pub crawls) with double Southern Comfort. As I calmed down, one thing I loved with this pub is proper dart board and barman even practising his skills! Massive TV on the corner and looked out of place!

Couple of mins up on the hill.. The Swan

Guess what.. yes you guessed it right.. CLOSED

I gave up and caught bus back to Lichfield. Had pint in Horse and Jockey and Duke of York.

I dont intend to return to Burntwood and never will!!