Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lichfield / Burntwood corrections

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Only just over 7,000 for last night.

Shocking even through it is only FA Cup. I fear FA Cup is dying as it do generate much needed monies for lower league teams and Non League teams like my team, Tamworth.

I do personally think Premier League and Championship teams are only interested in "Swanky" lifestyle and ripping off genuine fans. I do detest "Dont you know who I am?" superstars..
    I wouldn't read too much into last nights attendance, a lot of factors. It was snowing fairly heavily for Bristol, meaning a lot of fans were concerned it would be called off, or dangerous travelling home. It was televised on S4C and available on the FA cup website, and it was Cardiff, who we are seeing again in a fortnights time at home in the league, so not a very sexy tie really (although I guess there is the local rivalry aspect).

As to the top 2 leagues, I like to believe that is down to the team, in terms of the attitude it sounds like our players were far worse under previous managers when we were in the 3rd division (current League 1). I know what you mean though, a lot of our fans calling for the managers head as he hasn't got us sat on top of the league and we haven't won in 8, which for me is just nuts, I want to go down to the match and enjoy a good game, preferably where we are competitive, whilst I wouldn't moan at going up a level, I wouldn't be enjoying it so much if we were just in a division to be the whipping boys.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

You never heard the Welsh commentary on SC4, Conrad, talk about bias. Chopra's goal was excellent, but the commentators said "everyone should enjoy it but the Bristol fans and Gary Johnson are basically hellbent on trouble [or words to that effect]". Funny, when Williams scored, they said "two great goals scored by welshmen". If that were on the BBC we would have complaints.

The Swan in Chasetown will re-open this week, we were talking to the new gaffer in the Cottage of Intent, Upper Gornal, last week. For Conrad's info, he intends to bring in real ale, but not MILD, so at least better than before (i believe i said something along the lines of more taps in the gents bogs. I went to the Buck on an evening, to watch part of the Villa game, it was closed after a raid for a short while, i believe, but was open again when i last passed it and I didnt report it as closed. The demise of the Trident is no shock, it was pretty lousy.
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I went ahead and marked The Swan as open again or I will forget.

S4C may have had a comment judging by the attached photo of our manager joining in the goal celebration.

If I had been able to watch the S4C I would of chucked on the local radio for our own version of the biased commentary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_47097880_chopra_trip_get.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_47097880_chopra_trip_get.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	115  

...Is this thread drift I see before me......ain't life grand, I'll have another before I get me coat...
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........