Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: The Wharf Inn Ombersley

Default The Wharf Inn Ombersley

Hi, looking at the possibility of buying this place. Does anyone have any information about it? Would be interested in knowing more about when it was doing well and what type of premises it was. Many thanks

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Wharf Inn

If it is the one above on the road from Ombersley to Holt Heath we have been a few times a few years ago.

There were fishing lakes and took caravan rallies.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Wharf Inn

If it is the one above on the road from Ombersley to Holt Heath we have been a few times a few years ago.

There were fishing lakes and took caravan rallies.
    There is a helpful recent review from Oggy,added in the last few days .I will be navigating past this Sunday and may contribute a photo,but not planning to stop as we are heading for a night out in Worcester.

Hi, saw the review from Oggwyn, but was surprised at the date - we went yesterday - and the impressions were not good - certainly wouldn't want to be a customer at the moment

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I went a few weeks ago , it is a bit of a dump to be honest but has got great potential , i didnt want to be to harsh as the new landlords had only just taken over and the barmaid said they were looking at a full refurb. It is being run by a company called Taboo Inns/Taverns(not sure which) who have also taken over the Leaking Well just up the road , the Crown at Dilwyn and a nightclub in Worcester . It could be a very good pub , just needs a hell of a lot of hard work
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Administrator

Hi shambles,

Apologies, but I have removed your email address, we try to stop email addresses being distributed on the forum as at the simplest level it allows spam. I have enabled the private messaging system for you, that is the preferred way of holding private chat away from the forum.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shambles View Post
    Hi Oggy, any chance of a quick phone call on the side so to speak! interested in having a chat with someone with a bit more experience and in the know. Are you local to the area? Let me know if you are happy to have a word, my email address is deleted
    Hi Shambles , i am not from the area , i just deliver around there occasionally . If was i was looking to buy a pub(and i have thought about it) the Wharf wouldnt be one i would look at , it needs to much work and would probally take at least a small pubco to get a pub of this size refurbed to a decent standard , it could end up a moneypit
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !