Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cask pub & kitchen and greene king

Thumbs up cask pub & kitchen and greene king

"You can’t have a good pub without good staff. That’s number one. Then, for us, it’s good beer."

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/n.../article/90987
    Last edited by hondo; 28-06-2011 at 10:45.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

I'm all for good beer, but £8/pint is a bit steep, don't you think?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "You can’t have a good pub without good staff. That’s number one. Then, for us, it’s good beer."

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/n.../article/90987
    Here it is on PuG

from the PuG reviews seems food is low down on the list, Billy Bamboo was not impressed, and nor was Quinno's mate

Seems you cannot please everybody all the time, not that I am ever likely to visit the place

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Paris_Hilton View Post
    I'm all for good beer, but £8/pint is a bit steep, don't you think?
    I went in this pub when it was called the Pimlico Tram,it was a proper estate type pub that was comfortable and had GK IPA and Abbot on the bar at a reasonable price.

I think that these new real ale pubs that serve loads of beers are taking the *iss out of drinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I went in this pub when it was called the Pimlico Tram,it was a proper estate type pub that was comfortable and had GK IPA and Abbot on the bar at a reasonable price.

I think that these new real ale pubs that serve loads of beers are taking the *iss out of drinkers.
    I also went in the Pimlico Tram, probably later than you Al as it was a "proper estate pub" by then which meant loads of low-lifes both inside and out and open drug dealing going on.

I had a quick pint and left.

Mind you, with your perchant for going into dodgy pubs on even dodgier estates, you probably thought it was quite smart Al.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

I popped in several months after it opened as Cask and got chatting to a local. He said that he'd never have gone near the place when it was the Tram.

I think that these new real ale pubs that serve loads of beers are terrific and I'd like to see more of them. There's a time and a place for London Pride*. Specifically: occasionally & not everywhere.

* Insert name of local ubiquitous beer here.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    I popped in several months after it opened as Cask and got chatting to a local. He said that he'd never have gone near the place when it was the Tram.

I think that these new real ale pubs that serve loads of beers are terrific and I'd like to see more of them. There's a time and a place for London Pride*. Specifically: occasionally & not everywhere.

* Insert name of local ubiquitous beer here.
    Also shows what can be done with a Greene King tenancy, too, with a bit - actually, I suspect, rather a lot - of effort...

There are plenty of Pimlico Tram type pubs in London so I think it is a good thing when one of these pubs start up, even if they don't interest me that much. It's all about choice.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    I also went in the Pimlico Tram, probably later than you Al as it was a "proper estate pub" by then which meant loads of low-lifes both inside and out and open drug dealing going on.

I had a quick pint and left.

Mind you, with your perchant for going into dodgy pubs on even dodgier estates, you probably thought it was quite smart Al.
    I went in the Pimlico Tram on the 11 January 2008 and yes i did think the pub was quite smart and comfortable,there may have been a few dodgy people in there but i tend to fit in with these low lifes and dont look to out of place when visiting these types of pubs.

As for dodgy pubs on dodgy estates i have got some real corkers to add to the site in the near future as i have now got about 400 of my Manchester photos put on disc and added to my pub list.

I still stand by my original post, i am a real ale drinker but these new real ale pubs that are popping up selling rare beers may be a good thing but they should'nt be charging £8 for a pint whatever the strength.

I hope it all turns to vinegar.

£8.00 for a Pint £3.95 for a Scotch Egg & £2.95 for A sausage Roll. Thats £20.00 for a couple of Pints & a Sausage Roll Its A bit too expensive for me.. Been the once it was OK but I would not go again as its a walk from the nearest station.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)