Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "older drinkers"

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Apologies 'hondo' I've posted this in the random news of the day thread. I'd saved it on a tab whilst doing something else and must have just missed you submitting it.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Apologies 'hondo' I've posted this in the random news of the day thread. I'd saved it on a tab whilst doing something else and must have just missed you submitting it.
    Senior Moment?

Older than what?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Senior Moment?
    Indeed!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Another load of useless research too waste of tax payers money. Most regular drinkers know the more you drink regularly the less effect it has over time. Moderation in all things thats all thats required.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire

If starting a thread wouldn't it be a good idea to quote a few lines? I knew what this was referring to having read the article but usually when the original post is just a link I'll skip it by.

Copyright isn't that strict.

So oldies can only have 1.5 units? Is this according to "doctors orders" or strict scientific research? I'd be surprised if it was the latter, considering that the 21/28 unit for women/men was just created out of thin air and not based on any peer reviewed study.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Damn it: there I was planning to sell up and move to a new place with a pub within staggering distance. I'm sure the walk would counteract any "harm" caused by ale.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

[QUOTE=Spinko;34125]If starting a thread wouldn't it be a good idea to quote a few lines? I knew what this was referring to having read the article but usually when the original post is just a link I'll skip it by.

Must admit I skip the links and often wish a few lines gave the gist of what it is about. Takes me too long to open the links and I lack the patience. Sorry.

Everyday something like this comes up in the media and every other day something contradicts it. Put two Scientists or more in a room and you are guaranteed an argument, mind you some manage to do this very well on their own.
    I suppose it keeps some poor devils in a job, pays the mortgage and feeds the kids. I ignore them just as I do researchers who hang around on street corners. Come to think of it I do the same with politicos of any shade. There are a lot of people out there who keep telling me what to do for my own good. In fact they are driving me to drink......Bar Person please refill that glass, I do not feel like being moderate today so lets go for it.