Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Clock Tower in Meadowhall shopping centre

Default Clock Tower in Meadowhall shopping centre

We have a listing for the Clock Tower in Meadowhall shopping centre, so in my attempt to take pictures of all Sheffield's remaining pictureless pubs I called in there today. It's a few years since I've been to Meadow-hell, but I vaguely remembered seeing a bar of sorts there and headed to the area called the Oasis where it was. (See this review from 2003 in case you want to know what you've missed.) However, this area is now totally given over to fast food outlets, TGI Friday, Frankie & Benny's and the like. Nothing that even vaguely resembles a pub and certainly nothing I felt like taking a photo of.

Once into the Oasis it's almost impossible to get out again, because there's nothing resembling an exit. I was half way through my second circuit before I realised it, as one fast food counter succeeded another in monotonous repetition, punctuated only by queues of happy shoppers waiting for their fried gloop. OK, so it's wildly popular and a wonderful way to spend Sunday afternoon with the family, but I've got a feeling that if there is a Hell, for me it will be Meadow-hell, where I spend eternity walking round an endless succession of fast food stalls looking for the non-existent exit.

When I finally got out my bike had developed a slow puncture.

Please delete the Clock Tower.
    Come On You Hatters!

Administrator

Hi sheffield hatter,

We have deleted The Clock Tower. Sorry about the puncture, hope it was easy enough to fix, last one I had totalled the tire.

Thanks for the incredible effort.

This one has been re-added as Retreat. I'm not sure (and frankly don't care) if it was Retreat first and became the Clock Tower or vice versa. As a discussion here shows, it was only ever a fairly unsuccessful bar in a shopping centre and while we (quite rightly) have any number of closed pubs on this site, I don't see any benefit in keeping this one.
    Come On You Hatters!

Administrator

Hi SH,

Deleted once again, hopefully it wont return again!