Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Time at The Cardinals Hat

Default Hot Time at The Cardinals Hat

Reported on The Worcester News website this morning.

A chimney fire at The Cardinals Hat, Friar st., Worcester caused the pub to close at 8.30 pm Thursday night.
    Finally at 4.30am the next morning the Fire Service left the scene. The pub is known as the oldest in Worcester so thankfully the fire did not spread. It is now open for business.
    http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/...at_oldest_pub/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I was in Worcester on Thursday , suprised anything would burn with all the snow they had

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I understand the Cardinal's Hat is a continental lager venue these days. However it wasn't always so. I have fond memories of the bar having 4-5 hand pumps on the go and enjoyed many Saturday lunchtime sessions there when visiting the 'outlaws'.

I remember the main room felt very' olde worlde' with its wooden panels. On one visit there must have been a Civil War re-enactment going on close by as the place was full of Sealed Knot types. It was great- just like stepping back in tme!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Sealed Knot ? Nahh just the locals. Fashion dont move very quickly in these parts.Its a lot like the traffic.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Sealed Knot ? Nahh just the locals. Fashion dont move very quickly in these parts.
    On fine form today I see.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I understand the Cardinal's Hat is a continental lager venue these days. However it wasn't always so. I have fond memories of the bar having 4-5 hand pumps on the go and enjoyed many Saturday lunchtime sessions there when visiting the 'outlaws'.

I remember the main room felt very' olde worlde' with its wooden panels. On one visit there must have been a Civil War re-enactment going on close by as the place was full of Sealed Knot types. It was great- just like stepping back in tme!
    It's actually an Austrian lager bar these days and is one of the most expensive places I've been in outside London for some time.

They also had a really smoky log fire going and it wasn't even cold. That might explain the fire.

It also felt a bit like "The Slaugthered Lamb" when we went in. Didn't like it at all. I'll add a review!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Whatever I goes, looks like I am unlucky for some..

Visited Digbeth's famous The Dubliner..

Burned down one week later (Since happily rebuilt and reopened)

Visited Barton Arms in Aston..

Few days later, huge fire in Kitchen and later rebuilt

Visited Bull Ring Tavern in centre of B'ham..

2 rival gangs broke out and smashed the window with bar stool. Escaped through fire exit..

Visited The Newt also in B'ham..

Brum and Spurs supporters taunted each other and huge brawl broke out. Glass ashtray narrowly missed my head by inches.

To more closer to my home..

One night in The Red Lion, Hopwas.. I was playing darts then suddenly, a car crashed into the wall by jumping over the bridge. and the wall was knocked down and rebuilt.
    Last edited by hopwas; 11-01-2010 at 15:34. Reason: Wrong name for Bull Ring Tavern!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hoppie,

I take it all back, I fully understand your love of JDW and think you should you should drink at their pubs as often as possible

Why do you still go to pubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Hoppie,

I take it all back, I fully understand your love of JDW and think you should you should drink at their pubs as often as possible

Why do you still go to pubs?
    Oi cheeky..

I love pubs as it is my blood..

Oh I wouldn't mind visit Ashton Gate.. maybe my bad luck may bring to them
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

You're welcome to the pubs round Ashton Gate, thats all.