Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sport and beer

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    As pub is sort of in my "patch", Red White & Blue, Southsea

It is sort of in legal limbo here and here

Thanks; something that may rumble on for a while. The first link is rather misleading though, as charges for licensed premises can be £1000s pm, rather than the £80 quoted, which I suppose would be a full residential package.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Thanks; something that may rumble on for a while. The first link is rather misleading though, as charges for licensed premises can be £1000s pm, rather than the £80 quoted, which I suppose would be a full residential package.
    Well the first quote was from the Daily Wail, so perhaps no surprise there then?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Cricket was designed to be watched supping a good pint , whether on TV or live
    Couldn't agree more, old son. I remember a lurcher show a few years ago where the car-park was betwen the show and a local league game. If I sat at the front of the car I could whatch the cricket, move to back and there was 'mrs rd' and the dogs strutting their stuff. Great time was had all round as one of the dogs was Best-in-Show and the cricket pavilion had a bar with a decent barrel of Tanglefoot on the go.
    The only time I left the pavilion/car area was to take another of me lurchers off to the gundog scurry, which he duly won much to the annoyance af all the gundog owning 'hoorays' he was up against.
    A brilliant day out, and the local team won, which meant the pub was rockin till closing time. We stayed in the pub's car-park, had cider and a full English for breakfast before heading home
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Couldn't agree more, old son. I remember a lurcher show a few years ago where the car-park was betwen the show and a local league game. If I sat at the front of the car I could whatch the cricket, move to back and there was 'mrs rd' and the dogs strutting their stuff. Great time was had all round as one of the dogs was Best-in-Show and the cricket pavilion had a bar with a decent barrel of Tanglefoot on the go.
    The only time I left the pavilion/car area was to take another of me lurchers off to the gundog scurry, which he duly won much to the annoyance af all the gundog owning 'hoorays' he was up against.
    A brilliant day out, and the local team won, which meant the pub was rockin till closing time. We stayed in the pub's car-park, had cider and a full English for breakfast before heading home
    Now that's what I call a day out! Good to see you back on the boards 'rd'.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Teetotal

Default Mr Foley's Leeds

This is a big bugbear of mine - there are plenty of real ale drinkers who want good sport and good beer together without the need to kick each other's faces in.

If in Leeds, Mr Foley's Cask Ale House shows all major sporting events with an excellent range of Beers and decent food. Just don't tell too many people, yeah ?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by leighgoodstuff View Post
    This is a big bugbear of mine - there are plenty of real ale drinkers who want good sport and good beer together without the need to kick each other's faces in.

If in Leeds, Mr Foley's Cask Ale House shows all major sporting events with an excellent range of Beers and decent food. Just don't tell too many people, yeah ?
    I'm trying not to..

..is that why it's so quiet..?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leighgoodstuff View Post

Hi Leigh. A pleasant surprise to see your name on the boards. Welcome. I know The Good Stuff will take up a lot of your time, but it would be great to have you chipping in here occasionally.

Agree about Mr F's, one of my favourite Leeds venues. Trouble is, if it's a tense match my drinking rate rises exponentially. Considering some of the brews on at Foley's, it could make navigating the stairs rather interesting.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.