Sorry about this post. With the fantastic influx we are seeing at the moment we are seeing the revival of an old problem.

Please do only post pictures you own the copyright for. Where we become suspicious we will look around and see if we can find the submitted images elsewhere on the Internet - and refuse them if we find them elsewhere.

This is partly due to wanting to avoid prosecution for copyright infringement, which we do get occasionally threatened with, but also partly on an ethical basis. Whilst there is a copyright defence of fair use if it is published on the Internet when pictures are submitted to us we credit the poster, if the poster has just taken it from someone else's work without crediting them - well if it was my work being ripped off I wouldn't be happy.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular (and to be clear there is a lot more than 1 user doing this), and indeed if we have wrongly rejected your image just let us know so that we can try and ensure we don't do it again.

As ever if I have any of that wrong just let me know, I would rather you put me in my place than stop helping to improve the PG site.

Edit: I should just add, if you know of any photos we are displaying that we haven't spotted are in breach of copyright just let us know and we will address them.