Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 19 June 2011)

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I have decided that I won’t be maintaining a beer of the week thread any more, hence the lack of appearance of new threads. I have too many time commitments and something’s have to give, this is one of those things.

If someone feels they have the time and want to run the “of the week/month” threads, assuming they are a regular contributor, I can look at giving them the ability to stick and move threads which is all I was doing.

Two from Oakham to choose from, Bishops Farewell and BOTW White Dwarf, a tasty 4.3% wheat beer with Oakham's trademark bitter finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I have decided that I won’t be maintaining a beer of the week thread any more, hence the lack of appearance of new threads. I have too many time commitments and something’s have to give, this is one of those things.

If someone feels they have the time and want to run the “of the week/month” threads, assuming they are a regular contributor, I can look at giving them the ability to stick and move threads which is all I was doing.
    I'll give it a go unless one of our current moderators wants to take it on. A&H, Soup, either of you want to do it?
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I am happy enough for you to take it on ROB, I think you make more sense than Soup or A&H, no discredit to them, but I don't think they are on as consistently as you.

I'll leave it a day or two just to make sure no one has any issues or preferences (I can be PM'd if they are private), but it makes a lot of sense to me as long as you are happy to do it.

but I don't think they are on as consistently as you.
    That's since I became one of the great unwashed.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I always enjoy trying to seek out my BotW so I hope it does continue.

As for the week just gone, a better selection than the previous week with Roosters Elderflower, Wantsum Ravening Wolf and Weltons Strawberry Summer all being in the mix. In the end it was a toss up between Youngs Wagglednace and Oakham JHB with the JHB winning in the end simply because I will probably have a chance to down a few more Waggledances before its current run is over.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I think you make more sense than Soup or A&H,
    Hehehe. I now realise you mean a more sensible/practicle choice, but that's not how I first read this, teehee...

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I think you make more sense than Soup or A&H,
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Hehehe. I now realise you mean a more sensible/practicle choice, but that's not how I first read this, teehee...
    Try as I might 'tm', I can't really argue!

If I was more confident with my computer skills, I wouldn't have minded having a go, but as Conrad has noticed my input is (by necessity) more limited of late and ROB's much more of a whizz than I am.
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 21-06-2011 at 21:28.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

As my enforced period of, more or less, abstinance came to an end on Sunday last, I can confidently say my BotW was Old Thumper, as it was the only one I drank. Very nice too, although I have to say three pints of the stuff hit me right between the eyes..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Thanks to Rob for taking on this thread and apologies for another late submission,but BOTW goes to Simply the Best from the Mighty Oak Brewery,Maldon .With a modest name like that ,there could have been room for disappointment but I found this tawny brew full of flavour with a good bitter finish.Well kept in The Old Cross Tavern ,Hertford.