Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate Tetley's and think everyone should know!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    The beer scene in Leeds tonight:

....... Delirium Tremens, hic.
    Sounds like you've been drinking that rather fine Belgian beer tonight, North Bar was it?

This Space For Hire

Interesting topic, I wonder who created it

Tetleys

Tetley's annoying the neighbours

This Space For Hire

In winter

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Sounds like you've been drinking that rather fine Belgian beer tonight, North Bar was it?
    Yeah - bit of an attack on the wallet mind. Looking forward immensely to their American Beerfest in a few weeks time! I'd best start saving already.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Ah,Draught Bass! I must admit to having almost forgotten it, though for a while I drank it regularily, with reverence. It was in my early twenties, in my first "proper job", and I felt it was a grown up beer. Even then, I think it was an old man's drink, but again, an epitome of English Beer.I'm not sure who brews it now, but apparently they're making quite a good fist of it. Must try it again before it goes forever.
    The only place I saw this was in Barry Town, before a Barry Town FC vs Aberystwyth game in 2002. I asked for it by the pronunciation "Base". Oh well, I was only 19!

PS, the Tetleys plant across the road is mercifully silent. No more boring brown beer from there until Leeds Brewery show up. Distinctly unimpressed with their latest offerings.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Spinko you remind me of people I've come across who buy houses near football grounds then complain about them. I heard about a case at my own club, until recently in the Conference when a mother arrived in the main office one night in the middle of a game and asked for the floodlights to be turned off as they were preventing her child from sleeping.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Well the buyers always say, "brewing is guaranteed to continue here for the foreseeable future, no plans to close anything, jobs are safe, blah, blah".

Months later this becomes "it's very regretable but... market forces....downturn in sales.....blah blah blah"

I'm sure we could list them all from the last 20 or 30 years from Ruddles to Tetleys

.............and Sharps is next I don't doubt.
    Are there any tasty, successful beers that have seen breweries closed?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Spinko can you please stop trolling the other Tetley's thread, I don't really want to have to keep moving your posts.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Are there any tasty, successful beers that have seen breweries closed?
    Shipstones of Nottingham was one of the best beers i have ever had,both the bitter and mild were very bitter tasting.
    Greenall Whitley took over the brewery and closed it down about 12 years later because they decided to pack in brewing and concentrate on pub ownership.

Hemlock bitter brewed at the Bramcote brewery, this brewey closed down because Broxtowe borough council refused permission to expand the brewery so the brewery closed down and reopened in Nottingham and is now called Castle Rock.
    The Hemlock bitter was a lot better when brewed at Bramcote.

I could go on and list many great beers that have gone because of takeovers,just because the brewery has closed down does'nt make the beer that was brewed there an inferior beer.