Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little bit of history

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Edmon View Post
    Conrad are you still thinking of toilet sites
    Oh dear God, I saw that and thought, surely he doctored that, and sadly not.

It is coming to something, I now don't even need to go to the toilet to find myself with a toilet story

Here's another by someone we may recognise:

http://aberpubs.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Here's another by someone we may recognise:
    Busy lad, in'he, almost makes me want to visit Aberystwyth, something that's never happened before. Sorry, Quinno, only funning..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

My last mrs was never really keen on Aber and so visits over the last 15 years have been rare occurrences. However before that I owned a caravan at Newquay just down the road. Back then the students were nearly human with a thin veneer of civilisation about them.Some pubs they added to with their folk music nights. They never gave me cause for concern but the culture has now changed.
    Quinnos site is very good and a revelation how things have changed along the Cambrian Coast. Sad to say some characterful pubs have been refurbed out of recognition while others have gone way up market.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Quinnos site is very good and a revelation how things have changed along the Cambrian Coast.
    Why thank you...interesting to so many of the old BITE people here.

If anyone is interested, I am also working on another website - http://quinnos-ongoing-pub-crawl-reviews.blogspot.com - which is basically a collation of all my old (updated though!) BITE reviews and pics that I took which never made it to their site. It's going to take quite some time to sort them all out, I'm currently adding at the rate of five a day - so with over 800 in the queue I'll be quite busy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi Quinno,

Glad to see you made it (we were having some teething problems in the background). It's good to have you back, and thanks for all your contributions when you were last here. Myself and Dave M are responsible for the administration of the forums and PG, so if you have any (more) problems, or have any ideas on how to improve the sites please do ask. I think you know a lot of the people from BITE, I should also mention Hoppy who takes it in turns with me to be the welcome wagon, he really likes JDW, but I am sure he will be along shortly to tell you that himself .

Hopefully you can become a regular on here too, why not add your website to your signature (found by clicking Settings in the top right) to remind everyone. Also if you ever have the time we would love some of your reviews over on the main PG site. Dave is currently redoing our links page to try and take on board all the fantastic sites that have been suggested recently on the forum, so I am sure he will add your new blog there as well.

Hope you enjoy your stay

Conrad

Thank you Conrad..

Welcome to PG, Quinno!

Conrad is correct that I am unshamefully JDW fanatic..

Please I do hope you enjoy your stay on here and have a banter along pubs lovers.

Please do call me Hoppy as it is my nick name

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Here's a link to a site that reviews pubs and clubs in Inverness, may be of use to someone.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi ob,

Where sites are about towns you can actually add them to PG, so for example on the Inverness page on the right under the map (assuming you have the map on) there should be a Add town web site link. It isn't as clear as I would like yet, but it is at least a way to promote worthwhile local pub sites.