Ads not shown when logged in
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviewing milestone

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I've just noticed that Richard has reached 7,500 reviews, which is a milestone in anyone's book. I presume the reason he's not posted a review since 7th May is that he was waiting for someone to notice.

Well done that man! Carry on, now.
    What a fantastic achievement. Well done Richard. (By the way it's your round.)
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Just noticed that Blue Scrumpy has passed through the 2,000 review mark.I don't believe he/she is a forumite but if lurking many congratulations . Everton would be proud of you
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Fantastic work and in such a short time as well. I'm sure I read in one of his/her/their reviews that he/she/they were looking to do a Retired Martin and tick all the GBG pubs. If so, a great effort so far and we have the benefit of all the reviews for posterity!
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    I'm sure I read in one of his/her/their reviews that he/she/they were looking to do a Retired Martin and tick all the GBG pubs.
    Good spot!

I read one the other day which was of one of my favourite pubs in London - as much for its handy proximity to Kings Cross and St Pancras as any inherent quality*, though I do like the beers from Southwark Brewery they always have on. But it is in the GBG, so I was a little put out to read "A pub that I may well find myself in again, as I'm occasionally in the area. But not really worthy of a special visit." (And rated 5! If we ever meet, there will have to be words exchanged.)

Nevertheless, congratulations on the milestone and good luck with the quest!

*Though we did receive a very friendly welcome when I and some Luton Town mates went there for a pre-match drink before the play-off final at Wembley in May.
    Come On You Hatters!

Good spot!

I read one the other day which was of one of my favourite pubs in London - as much for its handy proximity to Kings Cross and St Pancras as any inherent quality*, though I do like the beers from Southwark Brewery they always have on. But it is in the GBG, so I was a little put out to read "A pub that I may well find myself in again, as I'm occasionally in the area. But not really worthy of a special visit." (And rated 5! If we ever meet, there will have to be words exchanged.)

Nevertheless, congratulations on the milestone and good luck with the quest!

*Though we did receive a very friendly welcome when I and some Luton Town mates went there for a pre-match drink before the play-off final at Wembley in May.
    I visited said pub a couple of Saturdays ago ( partly based on your review), I found it to very good and when I get round to writing it up it gets an 8 for me.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Just noticed that Blue Scrumpy has passed through the 2,000 review mark.I don't believe he/she is a forumite but if lurking many congratulations . Everton would be proud of you
    As a non-Forumite, he/she/it will never know just how much he/she/it is loved.

I've only been in here twice, preferring The Queens Head and King Charles I when in the area, finding the place a bit fuddy-duddy, with locals eyeing non-regulars with a hint of suspicion; the beer choice was uninspiring too. However, it they've ditched the Courage Best and Caledonian options in favour of Bermondsey Best and especially Mayflower IPA I could be tempted to make a return visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    As a non-Forumite, he/she/it will never know just how much he/she/it is loved.

I've only been in here twice, preferring The Queens Head and King Charles I when in the area, finding the place a bit fuddy-duddy, with locals eyeing non-regulars with a hint of suspicion; the beer choice was uninspiring too. However, it they've ditched the Courage Best and Caledonian options in favour of Bermondsey Best and especially Mayflower IPA I could be tempted to make a return visit.
    The Mayflower was very good when I was there.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I visited said pub a couple of Saturdays ago ( partly based on your review), I found it to very good and when I get round to writing it up it gets an 8 for me.
    Thanks. That means a lot to me. I like finding hidden gems, and if other people are able to appreciate them too, it means a lot.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    ... ditched the Courage Best and Caledonian options in favour of Bermondsey Best and especially Mayflower IPA I could be tempted to make a return visit.
    I don't think I've seen Mayflower IPA, but then I've only been in the pub four times! Each time I've been there they've had two Southwark beers on, except for the time there had been delivery problems and there was no real ale on at all (January this year, I think). The Bermondsey Best and the Red Routemaster both seem like well made beers to me, and well kept too (NBSS 3.5 or 4) though I can understand they might not be to everybody's taste.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Fantastic effort, and some great reviews.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.