Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BrewDog Camden

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "No Tennents. No Carling. No Smirnoff. No Televisions."

http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/...oficially-open
    They also claim: "We are not cool. We are not pretentious. We just care. And we are your friends."

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    According to comments on Tandleman's blog, they are ceasing cask production in the New Year. Never sen any in a pub anyhow, and unlikely to now! They've had glowing reviews in the past for some of their beers: a pity.
    A great pity indeed.Mr Phat and myself popped in to their Camden bar,and were both very disappointed with their keg versions of Punk IPA and 5am Saint which had only a passing resemblance to the terrific cask versions.Both the coldness and the high level of carbonation overpowered what taste there was and when the barman suggested we warm up the Wasabi Stout in our hands if we wanted to taste the horseradish flavour,my only thought was why serve it so cold in the first place.
    Interestingly the ABV of the keg Punk IPA is 5.4%,well below the cask and bottled version of 6% so maybe they are adopting some habits of the more established brewers. As Gill says ,they could be loosing the plot.
    Clearly the BrewDog owners are innovative brewers of very high powered beers and that is an achievement.

However one of the most dangerous traits in any business is when you start to believe your own bullsh*t..........

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

According to comments on Tandleman's blog, they are ceasing cask production in the New Year. Never sen any in a pub anyhow, and unlikely to now! They've had glowing reviews in the past for some of their beers: a pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Clearly the BrewDog owners are innovative brewers of very high powered beers and that is an achievement.
    However one of the most dangerous traits in any business is when you start to believe your own bullsh*t..........
    I suppose Magic Rock could always expand to fill the gap in the market.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I suppose Magic Rock could always expand to fill the gap in the market.
    Agreed, they really are wonderful brewers at Magic Rock and every one of their ales I have tried recently has been tip top. Curious will probably be my BOTW .I used to wax as lyrical about BrewDog two years ago before their fall from grace

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Interestingly the ABV of the keg Punk IPA is 5.4%,well below the cask and bottled version of 6%
    Notwithstanding the other comments, Punk was downrated some time ago: the (empty) bottle downstairs is 5.6% and was just fine. I think the cask version weighed in much the same when I sampled it some months back.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

This Space For Hire

Agreed, they really are wonderful brewers at Magic Rock and every one of their ales I have tried recently has been tip top. Curious will probably be my BOTW .I used to wax as lyrical about BrewDog two years ago before their fall from grace
    Magic Rock's collaboration brew Rock Star is absolutely amazing, a hoppy American brown ale. I don't recall having had a bad Magic Rock brew yet.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Magic Rock's collaboration brew Rock Star is absolutely amazing, a hoppy American brown ale. I don't recall having had a bad Magic Rock brew yet.
    Blimey, what's this? Spinko raving about a brown beer. Pubsignman was raving about Rock Star when we met recently and it was his BOTW last week. Certainly agree about not having a bad brew from MR yet and High Wire is my beer of the year.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Tried a Brewdog Xmas Porter 6.0% in the Brewers Arms South Petherton. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/33119/ and without being vile I stuggled to finish the pint. It was just too sweet for a modern day beer. I remember drinking dark beers like this back in the early 90s and didn't particularly like them then - and I am not a pale beer hophead either.

I dare say the clamour for cask versions of their beers, good or bad will ensure continuation of their production. The volumes they must produce in thier new brewhouse means they need as many accesses to market as possible, how else could I drink a beer made north of Aberdeen in rural Somerset?

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

House of the Trembling Madness in York were selling 3 of the Brewdog bottled beers. One was £50 and the other two were for sale at £75 each.

I had 2 tap beers, N'ce Chouffe Christmas 10% and Delerium Noel 10% instead. OK they were £4 and £3.75 for the half pints, but boy oh boy were they good.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Blimey, what's this? Spinko raving about a brown beer. Pubsignman was raving about Rock Star when we met recently and it was his BOTW last week. Certainly agree about not having a bad brew from MR yet and High Wire is my beer of the year.
    Rock Star's a lot more hoppy than BBB Tetley's..not a hop in sight for that