Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What has the trade come to ?

Well, after a bit of hassle from my old man and a couple of licensees, I've started a blog about it all. I'm not sure if I can get used to this blogging stuff - I'm of the opinion 'who cares what I think' but I'll see how it goes. Anyway, go to http://studentbrewer.blogspot.com/ for the blog. I've also done another before and after shot - before: http://twitpic.com/wyjt6 now: http://twitpic.com/wyk61

I must say, it's actually quite scary having a pub without a bar or cellar. Moving all the stuff out from behind the bar and taking it down was actually a bit emotional. But that's now been replaced with a sense of 'I'm going to be able to say I built, designed and organised this bar' as, in a scary display of trust, I'm been put in charge of organising the new bar. As in what goes where, etc etc. Doesn't sound a big deal, but in the middle of service 6 months down the line I don't want to think 'I should have put the glasswasher over there instead of here - that would make life a lot easier'

One way to find out

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I look forward to the after shots, the during does look a little scary.

I would have thought your blog could be quite interesting this year with the starting of the brewery. As I said over on Tilly-Miss's thread I am impressed with anyone who can keep bloging, so good luck with it.

Don't forget to add a link to the Kilvert's PG page, and I always think it is a good idea to chuck it into your signature (although maybe not so good if you never update the blog, must make myself a new signature).

Have you been snowed in?

I'm a country boy with a 4x4, so no

Around here nearly everyone has a 4x4, and the gritters do excellent work (IMO) because they are only allowed to do main roads - so getting to Hereford, Builth, Brecon, Abergavenny is pretty straight forward.

We choose a good two weeks to shut the pub though - I fancied a pint last night and 3 pubs were shut at 10pm!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Well, after a bit of hassle from my old man and a couple of licensees, I've started a blog about it all. I'm not sure if I can get used to this blogging stuff -
    Eddie, you seem to have picked up the "blogging malarky" pretty well, off to a good start I'd say, and I read a lot of the stuff. I would have said watch out Stonch but he's stopped now. Well done for having a go and making a good job of it, I've put yours on my RSS feeds

Real Ale Drinker

Eddie
    Very good and interesting blog, i will enjoy following developments of work in progress, tried follow button,but i cannot remember my login details? silly me? good luck with your venture.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ed,

You have been quiet for a while, did you manage to get the pub fully open again, and how is it going?

Blog update coming soon - I've been busy in the kitchen. Our chef leaves tomorrow, to go back to Worcester where his better half and newborn await. A couple of interviews on Monday, but at the minute my time is extremely limited! Pub open, and just very, very quiet :'(

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Oh, yuck. Just the usual seasonal lull?

Hope the interviews go ok, I can imagine it is hard to know if you have got a good chef.