Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What has the trade come to ?

Well, after a bit of hassle from my old man and a couple of licensees, I've started a blog about it all. I'm not sure if I can get used to this blogging stuff - I'm of the opinion 'who cares what I think' but I'll see how it goes. Anyway, go to http://studentbrewer.blogspot.com/ for the blog. I've also done another before and after shot - before: http://twitpic.com/wyjt6 now: http://twitpic.com/wyk61

I must say, it's actually quite scary having a pub without a bar or cellar. Moving all the stuff out from behind the bar and taking it down was actually a bit emotional. But that's now been replaced with a sense of 'I'm going to be able to say I built, designed and organised this bar' as, in a scary display of trust, I'm been put in charge of organising the new bar. As in what goes where, etc etc. Doesn't sound a big deal, but in the middle of service 6 months down the line I don't want to think 'I should have put the glasswasher over there instead of here - that would make life a lot easier'

One way to find out

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I look forward to the after shots, the during does look a little scary.

I would have thought your blog could be quite interesting this year with the starting of the brewery. As I said over on Tilly-Miss's thread I am impressed with anyone who can keep bloging, so good luck with it.

Don't forget to add a link to the Kilvert's PG page, and I always think it is a good idea to chuck it into your signature (although maybe not so good if you never update the blog, must make myself a new signature).

Have you been snowed in?

I'm a country boy with a 4x4, so no

Around here nearly everyone has a 4x4, and the gritters do excellent work (IMO) because they are only allowed to do main roads - so getting to Hereford, Builth, Brecon, Abergavenny is pretty straight forward.

We choose a good two weeks to shut the pub though - I fancied a pint last night and 3 pubs were shut at 10pm!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Well, after a bit of hassle from my old man and a couple of licensees, I've started a blog about it all. I'm not sure if I can get used to this blogging stuff -
    Eddie, you seem to have picked up the "blogging malarky" pretty well, off to a good start I'd say, and I read a lot of the stuff. I would have said watch out Stonch but he's stopped now. Well done for having a go and making a good job of it, I've put yours on my RSS feeds
    Drink drink, whoever you may be,
    we are the drunk and disorderly,
    and we’ll drink more beer wherever we may be,
    and we’ll meet you all in a pub said he.

Dr Busker

Real Ale Drinker

Eddie
    Very good and interesting blog, i will enjoy following developments of work in progress, tried follow button,but i cannot remember my login details? silly me? good luck with your venture.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ed,

You have been quiet for a while, did you manage to get the pub fully open again, and how is it going?

Blog update coming soon - I've been busy in the kitchen. Our chef leaves tomorrow, to go back to Worcester where his better half and newborn await. A couple of interviews on Monday, but at the minute my time is extremely limited! Pub open, and just very, very quiet :'(

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Oh, yuck. Just the usual seasonal lull?

Hope the interviews go ok, I can imagine it is hard to know if you have got a good chef.