Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What plans have you all for New Years Eve.

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I will do what I (almost) always do and get bladdered. I used to go out with friends to a pub until a few years back, we would purloin a corner of our local and sit there all night. In spite of this the normal tradition for most people round our way was a fancy dress pub crawl. As you say Delboy the modern trend for tickets only and bouncer mania has put paid to that tradition. I shall spend this Hogmanany at home with family and with some select bottled beers and a big bottle of Glen Morangie - slantie va

I've just remembered I've got a bottle of Westvlertern (Belgian abbey beer) hidden away, that should start the evening off well as it's 12%. As it's brewed by monks it's all very holy and stuff and not like drinking real beer at all; in fact it's probably some sort of religious duty or something to neck this; and very sacred. I bet you go straight to hell if you don't drink this actually. Well that's what I told the wife when it cost me 12 euros for a bottle.
    Like what you quoted a man after my own heart, enjoy your evening and the hangover.

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I will be doing my normal miserable old git on NYE, a few quite bevvies indoors whilst getting more annoyed at cr*p on the tele, wander off to bed before midnight slightly fuzzy then get woken up by bluddy fireworks

Bah humbug
    Always time to change Farway,you just might enjoy it.

Real Ale Drinker

Have a great night and enjoy your footie.

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Certainly agree with your sentiment about NYE. Who the hell wants to pay for the privilege of being squashed like a sardine next to some acne ridden hobbledehoy? If I'm lucky, I'll squeeze a couple of pints in before going round to our friends nearby for intensive red wine and malt whisky therapy..........I think I'd need to go on a crawl before watching Villa.
    Very well said, i will be alright cos nobody likes me,so i will have a good seat on my own ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I am at friends, with the family, in Lichfield. Hope to get a few pubs in during the day though.
    Hope you will have good booze up at (The Acorn)

Oh If you do ever pop in DoY.. lemme know what ales they are selling cheers!

Oh one more thing.. you will be pleased to hear that The Fox, Hopwas now selling M&B for just £1.90
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Hope you will have good booze up at (The Acorn)
    Nahhhh, i was thinking of going to a pub
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Nahhhh, i was thinking of going to a pub
    Ohhh cheeky...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I will be staying in with the Wife and Son and several bottles of Red Wine and Port (might treat meself to a bottle of Ouzo).
    We always used to go to the pub , but i dont get on with the landlady anymore at my former local , and the rest of the pubs either charge in advance or are full of dickheads (somebody got glassed on Xmas day in one of the local pubs)
    Have been invited to a party , but a night drinking Carling surrouned by overtired , hyped up kids , dont appeal

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I used go to night club on NYE every year in my youth days then I decided against go to 2002 new year in nightclub (due to rising costs) Didnt celebrate in nightclub since then. Now I go to pub on NYE as it is far cheaper and easier to serve beers.

Most important of all... Pub will serve real ales while nightclub doesnt!
    Yeah the time I went in a night club was rubbish, only thing going for it was the pool tables. Would always choose a pub in preference.

Well, Mrs 'rd' is working, she won't be home till the early hours, so me an the dogs'll be on our own. It'll be a few at the Nightjar, my local JDW early on, then home and a few more. I was going to say long live the Beast......, but of course it won't. Then, up in th'attic there are a few bottles of Orkney beers plus a couple of Royal Oak, if I can decant the bluidy things properly.
    All in all, you can say that, barring spillages, I'm going to enjoy New Years Eve. Simple needs me,

PS In case you're wondering there'll be a cup of tea waiting for me missus..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........