Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    returning to Carlin* are you, hoppy?
    *whispers* actually Stella at the moment..

Shhhh..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Dear all, please forgive me but I have returned from ASDA with a case of John Smith's smooth

In mitigation I would like to say it was reduced down to £7 and had been lashed together with parcel tape

Mind you, got a bottle of Captain Morgan for a tenner, so that should take the edge of the Smith's, along with the Boxing day lunchtime pints down local

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Now i know why you want churches listed, Farway, so you can ask for forgiveness

Who cares what you drink, Squire - its Xmas - just make sure its gone by Jan
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Dear all, please forgive me but I have returned from ASDA with a case of John Smith's smooth

In mitigation I would like to say it was reduced down to £7 and had been lashed together with parcel tape

Mind you, got a bottle of Captain Morgan for a tenner, so that should take the edge of the Smith's, along with the Boxing day lunchtime pints down local
    Had good bevvy that lasted well into early hours then hit bed at 1.30am.

Woke up just after 5am and left home at 5.45am.

Arrived at ASDA 6.30am and bought bottle of Bell's (for my dad) and London Gin (for my mum)

Walked back home and arrived home at 8am.

All that time, I was still drunk! Now I am recovering from hangover.. (Guard kept close eye on me when I was bit unsteady when entering store!)

Why? cos I forget to buy drinks for parents previous day!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

At least it's brewed in God's Own County, and it's next door to a decent brewery

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    At least it's brewed in God's Own County, and it's next door to a decent brewery
    Maybe once upon a time it was, more likely the stuff is now brewed in a concrete multi storey mega beer factory on a trading estate in Slough

I notice on the tins the head office is Edinburgh, Scottish & Newastle, now owned jointly by Heineken and Carlsberg in April 2008, since divi'd up and run by Heineken, so looks like I can join hoppy in the lagerlout dock

so looks like I can join hoppy in the lagerlout dock

You and Soupy ganging on me or what?

Maybe once upon a time it was, more likely the stuff is now brewed in a concrete multi storey mega beer factory on a trading estate in Slough

I notice on the tins the head office is Edinburgh, Scottish & Newastle, now owned jointly by Heineken and Carlsberg in April 2008, since divi'd up and run by Heineken, so looks like I can join hoppy in the lagerlout dock
    Lots of capacity at Tadcaster which is why everywhere else is due to shut, of course Worting Grange on the M4 at Reading could be the Frankenstein Lab involved if that's still open.

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post

You and Soupy ganging on me or what?

Take no notice of them, you enjoy your pint of lout, for moral support why not enjoy the blogging on hands-off-our-cooking-lager

Why are we talking shop bought Smooth on a pub site, shame on you Faraway, just because it was cheap you didn't have to buy it. Hang on, must have another Beast......
    Now, altogether, any melody you like... On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 Exmoor Beast, 4 Old Peculiar, 4 Old Crafty Hens, 4 Snecklifters and a Ringwood Porter or two.
    See what I mean, not a Smoothy in sight...

...From me, mrs rd, and the dogs, Happy drinking lads and a Merry Christmas to all...
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........