Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 1 May 2011)

We've been in Belfast for a few days so the choice has been a bit limited.

Clan Connell - McGraths Irish Black was very good tried in the Bridge House in Belfast. The best run JDW I've been in for some time (Regal Moon excepted of course).

We had to come home to get any real choice though.

Wharfebank Aztec Dark was good in the Regal Moon. York Willamette also had a chance.

But BOTW is going to be Vale Gravitas, tried several times on Friday/Saturday in The Baum.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Doing very little drinking at the moment, I'm concentrating on other things at the moment. One denies me alcohol, the other being impecunity which has the same effect more or less. My beer of the week-Old Thumper, it's the only decent one I got close to........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Some interesting beers to pick from this week, thanks mostly to the 'revolutionary beers' festival at the Hope, Carshalton.

Westerham Alt Ego was a drinkable, German-style old ale, Thornbridge Branta a decent ESB, Art Brew Spanked Monkey IPA had too much chilli/pepper to enjoy more than a half and Downton Apple Blossom was a bit too sweet, but otherwise quite tasty.

BOTW comes down to a choice of three though: Marble Porter, Titanic Nine Tenths Below and Thornbridge St Petersburg. A tough call but I'll give it to the Titanic Nine Tenths Below.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

As I have been drinking in Mr Phat's company ,his extensive list was largely replicated by myself ,although I did have a crafty few pints in Atherstone as well before he arrived on board As a consequence I am feeling a little delicate today and somewhat horrified by the consumption last week.However there was outstanding quality and only a few duff pints,my BOTW was Blue Monkey BG Sips on stillage at The Duke of York Beer Festival in Lichfield and on handpump in The Smithfield ,Derby.