Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pubs in and near Victora Rail Station, London

Default Pubs in and near Victora Rail Station, London

Booked day trip to London on 25th Jan with my sister so I dont know London very well.

Do anyone know good pub (Preferably GBG pub if possible) near or in Victoria area?

Cheers!

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

You will be pleased to learn that the GBG2010 lists a JDW in Victoria, The Willow Walk, 25 Wilton Rd SW1V 1LW Willow Walk

It also lists a Shep' Neame pub, the Cask & Glass 39 Palace St, SW1E 5HN.
    Cask & Glass

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    You will be pleased to learn that the GBG2010 lists a JDW in Victoria, The Willow Walk, 25 Wilton Rd SW1V 1LW Willow Walk

It also lists a Shep' Neame pub, the Cask & Glass 39 Palace St, SW1E 5HN.
    Cask & Glass
    Ohhh JDW pub! May pop in for swift pint. Cask & Glass look good, I am sucker for historic looking pub especially Victorian style pub..

Ta OB!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

The Willow Walk is OK but it's a JDW so it's often packed and difficult to get served.

The Cask & Glass is a Sheps pub and is very small.

There is a decent Fullers Pie and Ale house The Jugged Hare just down the road in Pimlico and if you like American style diners then Biguns Ribs across the road does exactly what it says on the tin.

The Cask Pub and Kitchen is a bit further down the same road.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    if you like American style diners then Biguns Ribs across the road does exactly what it says on the tin.
    American pub *spits*..

Iam traditionalist if you must know..

BTW thanks for your info fella..

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

If you're a traditionalist, the Cask & Glass is probably your best bet (but it does keep odd hours - check beforehand). It's a Shepherd Neame place, if that influences you in any way. The Wetherspoons in the station is by no means the worst in the chain and is also by no means traditional in any way. The Cask Pub & Kitchen is also pretty modern, but is good. Another couple you may be interested in are the Buckingham Arms & the Adam & Eve, close together on Petty France.

There is also the Cardinal, a tucked away Sam Smiths pub with OBB on hand pump.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    If you're a traditionalist, the Cask & Glass is probably your best bet (but it does keep odd hours - check beforehand). It's a Shepherd Neame place, if that influences you in any way. The Wetherspoons in the station is by no means the worst in the chain and is also by no means traditional in any way. The Cask Pub & Kitchen is also pretty modern, but is good. Another couple you may be interested in are the Buckingham Arms & the Adam & Eve, close together on Petty France.
    Looks like Cask & Glass is the best bet..

However do they make lunch in afternoon? I'll check the pub before setting off to London.

Thanks Paul!

Real Ale Drinker

Why not pop along to Buckingham palace and enjoy a pint or maybe the house of conmen (commons) for a pint still at 1890 prices as i am told you can also enjoy a cigarette without any problem with your pint, one rule for some ! lots of pubs to choose from,but be careful prices will be very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly-Miss View Post
    Why not pop along to Buckingham palace and enjoy a pint or maybe the house of conmen (commons) for a pint still at 1890 prices as i am told you can also enjoy a cigarette without any problem with your pint, one rule for some ! lots of pubs to choose from,but be careful prices will be very expensive.

Thanks! House of Commons is classed as "Royal Place" hence you are allowed to smoke inside unlike "Public" pubs. Funnily enough Reigning Monarch is not allowed INSIDE House of Commons!

Money is not the issue as I will get paid on the day of trip.. London here we go!!

Sadly.. London Eye is closed on 25th Jan for Maintenance.

Hoppy