Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which pubs has had the most 'heavyweight' reviewers?

I'll stay on me own

Sorry to muck your figures up Pubsignman but i thought the Wenlock deserved to have an higher figure than the Bree Louise i have been in all but one on your list and all on Oldboots list.

Alan

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Where the heck are you folk getting these figures from? Is it a manual calculation by visiting each reviewer's total? And can that be seen on a 'review only' basis? And then summarising totals?
    Who mentioned OCD?
    ROBC, I often feel i have nothing to add to previous comments from revered reviewers, but you must have (review) followers all around the country, so get it posted!
    For myself, the thread has made me feel guilty about not, yet, bringing over the majority of 'earlier' reviews, and apologies/frustration about not being currently able to extend their geography.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Where the heck are you folk getting these figures from? Is it a manual calculation by visiting each reviewer's total? And can that be seen on a 'review only' basis? And then summarising totals?
    Go to a pub page eg this one, and add together the figures for each reviewer which is listed on their comment eg I have 730 at the mo on that one, so add that to Oldboots 696 and Dave Starys 127 and you get the aggregate total of 1553.

Who mentioned OCD?
    Me
    Last edited by Quinno; 06-04-2011 at 18:17.

but you must have (review) followers all around the country, so get it posted!
    Indeed! I recall an earlier thread where his pub review fame had touched the nation so far that he was almost in line to switch on Rochdale's Christmas lights! There's nothing wrong with endorsing previous comments even if there is nothing additional to add.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    There's nothing wrong with endorsing previous comments even if there is nothing additional to add.

I agree - the more reviewers have been to a pub, the more trust a viewer would have on it which then generates more traffic for the site and then more reviews in turn - a virtuous circle.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

The Wellington in Brum has 5450 but only 3 of us who were there for the PG meet up have reviewed it. If the other 17 or so pull their fingers out (including me) the figure would fly through the roof!

Update - Just added my piece (or what I can gather from my scrawled notes of the day). Thats another 897 to the total.
    You can now add my 208 , must get round to doing the rest of the Brum pubs we did
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Indeed! I recall an earlier thread where his pub review fame had touched the nation so far that he was almost in line to switch on Rochdale's Christmas lights!

I'll readily admit to being terrible with my conversion rate of reviews. Virtually every pub I go into I'll scribble some notes, but writing them up's another matter. If I don't do them within a month then they've gone 'cold'. In many ways I'd probably be more objective, but I feel the spirit of the visit has subsided.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    You can now add my 208 , must get round to doing the rest of the Brum pubs we did
    LOL, Sergeant Major Roger has got some peeps into line

I've subbed my photos so it's on the 'to do' list for next week (along with a large slab of Wolverhampton!)

Indeed! I recall an earlier thread where his pub review fame had touched the nation so far that he was almost in line to switch on Rochdale's Christmas lights! There's nothing wrong with endorsing previous comments even if there is nothing additional to add.
    A slight exaggeration there methinks.

As I recall it was one follower in Bury a mere 7 or 8 miles away.

Mind you, it was an attractive blonde female follower.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    A slight exaggeration there methinks.

As I recall it was one follower in Bury a mere 7 or 8 miles away.

Mind you, it was an attractive blonde female follower.
    Don't forget your beer festival stalker