Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which pubs has had the most 'heavyweight' reviewers?

Default Which pubs has had the most 'heavyweight' reviewers?

And by heavyweight I do not mean girth, but by the amount of other reviews the contributors have on the site!

As I was migrating my review for the Lord Clyde just now I noted that quite a few of the usual suspects have reviewed the place, and I calculated their combined gross pub review figure was 6587 - no mean feat. and I know that certainly in the case of Roger and myself, there are a good number of reviews in the locker waiting to be written which would increase that tally by a few hundred.

Can any other pub better it?
    Last edited by Quinno; 06-04-2011 at 14:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    And by heavyweight I do not mean girth, but by the amount of other reviews the contributors have on the site!

As I was migrating my review for the Lord Clyde just now I noted that quite a few of the usual suspects have reviewed the place, and I calculated their combined gross pub review figure was 6587 - no mean feat. and I know that certainly in the case of Roger and myself, there are a good few reviews in the locker waiting to be written which would increase that tally by a good few hundred.

Can any other pub better it?
    The Market Porter has 8298.

I've been in the place dozens of times and have never reviewed it so that would add another 600 or so if I ever get round to it.

I would bet that you've been in as well Quinno but haven't reviewed it either.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24205/
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Cask Pub and Kitchen (Pimlico) - 8886
    Salisbury (Leicester Sq) - 8120
    Hole in the Wall (Waterloo) - 7823
    Wheatsheaf (Borough) - 7670
    Royal Oak (Borough) - 7639
    Evening Star - Brighton - 7471

Basically, we just need to find a pub that Strongers, JAQPTIO, Alan W, John McGraw and Soupy have all reviewed and we're pretty much assured of a winner!!
    Last edited by Pubsignman; 06-04-2011 at 15:16.

I met Quinno in the Market Porter some time ago but the session was abruptly curtailed due my inapproriate attire. I never wore than mankini again. I am also still waiting for his in depth analysis of http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/68187/ another place he was desperate to tick off. If you put if off any longer you will need a revisit!

I have a backlog of 450 (I have added about 40 to that list in the last 10 days or so thanks to visits to Bournemouth, Isle of Wight & St Albans. For every dozen I post, another 20 get added.

The Wellington in Brum has 5450 but only 3 of us who were there for the PG meet up have reviewed it. If the other 17 or so pull their fingers out (including me) the figure would fly through the roof!

Update - Just added my piece (or what I can gather from my scrawled notes of the day). Thats another 897 to the total.
    Last edited by RogerB; 06-04-2011 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    The Wellington in Brum has 5450 but only 3 of us who were there for the PG meet up have reviewed it. If the other 17 or so pull their fingers out (including me) the figure would fly through the roof!

Update - Just added my piece (or what I can gather from my scrawled notes of the day). Thats another 897 to the total.
    Another pub I've been in loads of times but have never got around to reviewing.

I tend to feel that everything has been said about some very popular pubs, so I wouldn't be adding any value if I reviewed it myself.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    The Market Porter has 8298. I would bet that you've been in as well Quinno but haven't reviewed it either.
    Correct! Another one sat in the migrate tool that hasn't been done yet (quality over quantity!)

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I met Quinno in the Market Porter some time ago but the session was abruptly curtailed due my inapproriate attire. I never wore than mankini again. I am also still waiting for his in depth analysis of http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/68187/ another place he was desperate to tick off. If you put if off any longer you will need a revisit!
    The Boadecia! That's on my 'pubs that I didn't make any notes for' section when I was between sites and having my pub reviewing sabbatical. I'm sure I can cobble something together for that place easily enough over the next couple of weeks - watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Another pub I've been in loads of times but have never got around to reviewing.

I tend to feel that everything has been said about some very popular pubs, so I wouldn't be adding any value if I reviewed it myself.
    You clearly lack the OCD gene that some of the rest of us have

Bree Louise (Euston) - 10,432
    Wenlock Arms (Hoxton) - 9517
    Doric Arch (Euston) - 8771
    Old Mitre (Chancery Lane) - 7930
    Last edited by Pubsignman; 06-04-2011 at 17:14.

Very London centric so far, for obvious reasons, oop North then

Blue Bell, York 8505
    Alexandra, Derby 7961
    Yorkshire Terrier, York 7874