Thread: Worcester Sat June 11th

GBG Lists:

-BELL (WR2)
    -BRIDGES (WR3)
    -DRAGON INN
    -FIREFLY
    -PLOUGH
    -POSTAL ORDER

Throwing in the Cardinals Hat, Swan With Two Nicks, Olde Talbot, Hand In Glove, Paul Pry, Angel, Cricketers and Wheatsheaf and there's quite a day to be had!

Have you all been commissioned by the secret service to assassinate my liver?

[QUOTE=Quinno;30711]...there's quite a day to be had!QUOTE]
    ..or 2. If there is enough to warrant it I haven't ruled up going up earlier and making 2 or 3 days of it, chucking a couple of other towns into the heap.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

[QUOTE=RogerB;30721]
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    ...there's quite a day to be had!QUOTE]
    ..or 2. If there is enough to warrant it I haven't ruled up going up earlier and making 2 or 3 days of it, chucking a couple of other towns into the heap.
    Theres some great pubs just down the road in Malvern and Ledbury , though Malvern is a bit spread out or you could pay a visit to our old mate Arkwrite about 12 miles away in Bromyard
    Last edited by Oggwyn Trench; 09-04-2011 at 12:31.
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

GBG Lists:

-BELL (WR2)
    -BRIDGES (WR3)
    -DRAGON INN
    -FIREFLY
    -PLOUGH
    -POSTAL ORDER

Throwing in the Cardinals Hat, Swan With Two Nicks, Olde Talbot, Hand In Glove, Paul Pry, Angel, Cricketers and Wheatsheaf and there's quite a day to be had!

There are a few pubs advertising cask ales around Worcester at the moment , the Old Rectifying House looks interesting , upstairs bar overlooking the river , the Talbot has all cask ales at £2.05 a pint and Air is a wine bar type place that has had a bit of coverage from the local CAMRA group . There are loads of nice looking pubs but wether they are any good on the inside is another thing
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

GBG Lists:

-BELL (WR2)
    -BRIDGES (WR3)
    -DRAGON INN
    -FIREFLY
    -PLOUGH
    -POSTAL ORDER

That's quite a list there Quinno! Be aware that The Bell and The Wheatsheaf are both west of the Severn and about 15-20 mins out of town if doing it on foot, although probably only 10 mins from each other. A possible wild card in St Johns, between the two, is The Bush Inn, which I've heard some good things about.

Bridges is a bit of a weird one. It describes itself on its website as a 'bar, carvery and entertainment venue'. It's a couple of miles to the north east of the centre. Because of its 'grey' status I never suggested it for PuG and it isn't in fact currently listed.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I went in the Cardinals Hat last year and found it to be an unusual pub - but don't expect much change in there. They seemed to be after the tourist dollar !!

The Eagle Vaults has a great look to it but I don't recall if there was much of a beer choice for you real alers.

The Swan with 2 Nicks is worth a visit.

I am a salmon !!

[QUOTE=RogerB;30721]
    ...there's quite a day to be had!QUOTE]
    Hereford isn't far and is worth a visit. I had a great day out there a couple of years back.

I am a salmon !!

[QUOTE=Delboy20;30735]
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post

Hereford isn't far and is worth a visit. I had a great day out there a couple of years back.
    Done two years back - spent most of the day ion the Barrels (Wye Valley tap). Ventured over to Victory (Spinning Dog tap) and it was pants - beer and service. Pub was alright though.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I like to go to the Dragon and Swan with 2 nicks. The swan is worth having a wander round upstairs too. One of the pubs on the other side of the river still has a room with hatch and bells on the walls for service if I remember rightly.

Hereford Barrels is always good, and I agree that Spinning Dog beers are not very good any more. Don't know why, but if I go in, I nearly always have to have a beer changed. Once when a group of us went in and kept returning beers, they brought a lot of their bottled beers out for us. Bar is worth a few photos though.

I'll stay on me own

So who's planning on making the trip to Worcester then? Mrs. Blackthorn would like to know -

1) Are any other ladies going?
    2) Is she allowed to drink lager?