Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Soupy.. You will love this website

Default FAO Soupy.. You will love this website

Hi soupy!

I was browsing through net then I came across this superb website you may find very interesting..

http://www.breweryhistory.com/Defunct/Staffs.htm

and

http://www.breweryhistory.com/Defunct/WestMids.htm

Just click on photos.

Enjoy!!

Hoppy

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Thats a good site, Hoppy, thanks for that - i have been to many of the pubs it seems. I think, when you look at those places, you realise the limitations (architectural terms) of a pub like the Golden Acres and such like - well, that's my opinion, but as you say - it's my interest too
    MILD:

If you visit that site ,click on Herefordshire and go to the ninth entry. It mentions the former White Horse. This is where I photographed the plaque that is now my avatar. The building is now converted into flats. I remember it being open but it had become a bit of a dive.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    If you visit that site ,click on Herefordshire and go to the ninth entry. It mentions the former White Horse. This is where I photographed the plaque that is now my avatar. The building is now converted into flats. I remember it being open but it had become a bit of a dive.
    Naaaaaah, Mr A

The White Horse copied your avatar
    MILD:

The number of pubs I have been in with this ceramic plaque on the wall could well signify " Arwkrites been here". A bit like those signs which say " Queen Bess Slept Here".She must have been a right hussey having been in so many beds where as I am just your common or garden drunk.

I am just your common or garden drunk.
    There is nothing so comforting as a man that knows his place
    MILD:

The genus Arwkritus photographed in its natural environment. Approach with care but offerings of beer, crisps and pork scratchings will dispel the animals normal grumpy mood. Once you have gained its trust it can be difficult to depart from its presence if it thinks further beer will be forthcoming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00602.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	596.7 KB 
ID:	28  

I cant believe you post a picture whilst sitting on a comfy sofa in a pub - your standards will go down, mark my words, Mr A, there will be twigs in the next one
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

The genus Arwkritus photographed in its natural environment. Approach with care but offerings of beer, crisps and pork scratchings will dispel the animals normal grumpy mood. Once you have gained its trust it can be difficult to depart from its presence if it thinks further beer will be forthcoming.
    Good of you to find a pub with Pubs Galore colours there Ark

I am blowed if I can remember where the photo was taken but it does look the sort of place that could rustle up a few twigs. Nicely padded chairs mean I can leave the rubber ring in the car and I ain't talking life preservers. Standing at the bar makes my feet ache and gives me cramp in the calve muscles. The table gives me somewhere to rest my glass when overcome with fatigue and put the newspaper while doing the crossword.
    Pubs get busy at this time of year so if you see me I will not be offended if you offer me a seat and while you are on your feet can you pop to the bar and get me a pint of bitter. Sorry I only have a £20 note , I will catch you next time . Whats That ? No pork scratchings ? I am not coming here again. Get off me rubber ring. No you cant use it in the Quoits Match and who has pinched me newspaper........Grumpy..aka...arwkrite.