Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My future pub crawls

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Market tavern, Queens Head (or Arms, by Lamp) and the White Swan, Sherlock St, which is Eden's Bar now

Hen & Chickens was closed last time i went there, as well and God knows if the Catherine O'Donovan is open, or not
    Hi soupy,

Just been laughing at your review of the Catherine O'Donovan . I know exactly what you mean. I have tried to go in there 3 times now and each time it has been shut !! I have no idea of the opening hours - if there are any !!
    The most annoying thing is that it is the only pub in the area I haven't been in !!
    I will not give up.

Cheers,

Del.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hi soupy,

Just been laughing at your review of the Catherine O'Donovan . I know exactly what you mean. I have tried to go in there 3 times now and each time it has been shut !! I have no idea of the opening hours - if there are any !!
    The most annoying thing is that it is the only pub in the area I haven't been in !!
    I will not give up.

Cheers,

Del.
    Somehow I popped in Catherine O'Donovan in 2001 or 2002 with no problem

Looks like my luck is on my side

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Somehow I popped in Catherine O'Donovan in 2001 or 2002 with no problem

Looks like my luck is on my side
    I have managed it twice - once sat outside in its small beer patio, drinking Banks's MILD, i think - it was a bog standard place - like Town Crier, but better than the now defunct Queens. The second time, it was selling cans of C*****g and Woodpecker Cider, as though it was about to close - i think i walked out, i cant remember!

Why bother with it, apart from going to rate it - the Lamp is the best in that little area
    Last edited by Soup Dragon; 14-12-2009 at 09:40.
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Yes , but not for years , its a bit like Shrewsbury lots of old buildings and the castle is one of the best anywhere . Its well worth a visit pub wise , the Church and the Globe being the pick in town , the Feathers is beautifull outside rubbish in , the Bull used to be good as well . The Charlton Arms on Ludford Bridge (which you should know all about in your proffesion) is good as well .
    I tend to bypass Ludlow and head up the Clun Valley loads of cracking little pubs and glourious scenery .
    It's been years since i went into the Ludlow pubs - may have to give it another go. Thinking of Leominster as well, but that is more Mr A's territory
    MILD:

Oggy, have you done Ludlow?
    Yes , but not for years , its a bit like Shrewsbury lots of old buildings and the castle is one of the best anywhere . Its well worth a visit pub wise , the Church and the Globe being the pick in town , the Feathers is beautifull outside rubbish in , the Bull used to be good as well . The Charlton Arms on Ludford Bridge (which you should know all about in your proffesion) is good as well .
    I tend to bypass Ludlow and head up the Clun Valley loads of cracking little pubs and glourious scenery .

It really does surprise me that Ludlow has so few reviews and photographs.During the summer this is one of the prettiest tourist traps around . It is renowned for good places to eat, specialized food shops , and good pubs. Some are impressive places on the main streets, others can be found in quaint little side streets.
    Ludlow is situated on the Hereford > Shrewsbury rail line and country buses connect with local towns and villages. Reasonable priced accommodation if you ring around.
    The area is well worth a visit but a map ,guide book and teetotal driver are essential. The beers are plenty and varied it would be a shame to miss them.
    I fell in love with Shropshire when 12 years of age and it has never waned so you may think I am biased .

Hi Ed

How did your Brum trip go - where did you end up going?
    MILD:

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    It really does surprise me that Ludlow has so few reviews and photographs.During the summer this is one of the prettiest tourist traps around . It is renowned for good places to eat, specialized food shops , and good pubs. Some are impressive places on the main streets, others can be found in quaint little side streets.
    Ludlow is situated on the Hereford > Shrewsbury rail line and country buses connect with local towns and villages. Reasonable priced accommodation if you ring around.
    The area is well worth a visit but a map ,guide book and teetotal driver are essential. The beers are plenty and varied it would be a shame to miss them.
    I fell in love with Shropshire when 12 years of age and it has never waned so you may think I am biased .
    Strange but true , a couple of years ago Ludlow had the most Michelin Stared resturants in the country exept for London .

Strange but true , a couple of years ago Ludlow had the most Michelin Stared resturants in the country exept for London .
    I thought that honour goes to Bray, Berkshire..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I thought that honour goes to Bray, Berkshire..
    Well, certainly not to JDW, hoppy
    MILD:

Well, certainly not to JDW, hoppy

Hey leave my beloved alone..

They do cracking meals you know especially Farmhouse Breakfast..

In fact it got me thinking of brekkie at The Acorn tomorrow (money and weather permitting)
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/