Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My future pub crawls

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Market tavern, Queens Head (or Arms, by Lamp) and the White Swan, Sherlock St, which is Eden's Bar now

Hen & Chickens was closed last time i went there, as well and God knows if the Catherine O'Donovan is open, or not
    Queen's Arms by Lamp, Last visited in 2007.. Shame about its location (right middle of industrial estate)

The White Swan also in 2007.. scene of man asked me if am single No need tell you more about this. Lets leave it!
    Last edited by hopwas; 12-12-2009 at 11:07.

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I went to this http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55475/ back in 2006.

Cracking little pub!

Blue Bell is fine Edwardian pub but poor ales. It was cramped when I went to Blue Bell and landlord was very grumpy!
    The other York brewery pubs are Last Drop and Three Legged Mare. There's also the Brewery which does tours.

The Blue Bell does get busy but there are more rooms down the corridor or space in the drinking corridor itself. The beers are a fairly mainstream bunch but I've never had a bad 'un in there, the ladies behind the bar are very pleasant and polite, I've never knowingly met the landlord. Some landlords make grumpiness an artform.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The other York brewery pubs are Last Drop and Three Legged Mare. There's also the Brewery which does tours.

The Blue Bell does get busy but there are more rooms down the corridor or space in the drinking corridor itself. The beers are a fairly mainstream bunch but I've never had a bad 'un in there, the ladies behind the bar are very pleasant and polite, I've never knowingly met the landlord. Some landlords make grumpiness an artform.
    Also went to

Ye Olde Starre Inn.. Great pub with Old Peculiar selling
    The Golden Fleece Reportedly most haunted pub in York, Fine pub. Had pint of Black Sheep.
    The Red Lion Also had a pint of Black Sheep
    and pub (I cant remember name but it has mock tudor house look) on busy junction near city centre

Also went to

Ye Olde Starre Inn.. Great pub with Old Peculiar selling
    The Golden Fleece Reportedly most haunted pub in York, Fine pub. Had pint of Black Sheep.
    The Red Lion Also had a pint of Black Sheep
    and pub (I cant remember name but it has mock tudor house look) on busy junction near city centre
    All good pubs, well it is York , The Snickleway also claims to be York's most haunted Don't know which mock tudor pub it could have been - there are a few in York and some genuine ones.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Ironbridge will get combined with a visit to Blists Hill which is just across the road from the All Nations.....oh dear.

Salisbury is a fine drinking city and quite pretty, don't miss Deacons, the Village and the Wyndham Arms (home of Hopback brewery), plus any number of other good pubs including the famous mumified hand in the Haunch of Venison (expensive beer though).

York is special, any of the three York Brewery pubs, the Blue Bell, The Maltings, Pivo (if you like Belgian/German beer), and probably The Rook and Gaskill are the stars, but the list is a long one; now you've got me thinking I might go there next weekend
    If your at Blists Hill , go down the hill into Coalport and there are two pubs The Shakespeare (a GBG regular) and the Brewery (which has strange opening times , due to mating glowworms ) are both worth a visit , you can reach the Boat by footbridge or go a bit further and cross the ricketty bridge to the Woodbridge which is an old inn with a lovelly setting

All good pubs, well it is York , The Snickleway also claims to be York's most haunted Don't know which mock tudor pub it could have been - there are a few in York and some genuine ones.
    I am not sure if you have been to Robin Hood Bay but I had a pint in this pub.. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/29824/

NOTE: Not recommended for wheelchair users and weak heart.. Very steep hill!!

Also went to Whitby, Scarborough and few Yorkshire towns. Yorkshire is haven for real ale drinkers. I always enjoyed go to Yorkshire.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Oggy, have you done Ludlow?
    MILD:

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Also went to Whitby, Scarborough and few Yorkshire towns. Yorkshire is haven for real ale drinkers. I always enjoyed go to Yorkshire.
    I noticed you did the Shakespeare in Scarboro' - it is legend!
    MILD:

I noticed you did the Shakespeare in Scarboro' - it is legend!
    Yep! I still have photo of me and my sister outside Shakespeare..

Boy what a night that was! Unbelievably mad people inside the pub.. I never seen so many drunks in one pub!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Oggy, have you done Ludlow?
    Yes , but not for years , its a bit like Shrewsbury lots of old buildings and the castle is one of the best anywhere . Its well worth a visit pub wise , the Church and the Globe being the pick in town , the Feathers is beautifull outside rubbish in , the Bull used to be good as well . The Charlton Arms on Ludford Bridge (which you should know all about in your proffesion) is good as well .
    I tend to bypass Ludlow and head up the Clun Valley loads of cracking little pubs and glourious scenery .