Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My future pub crawls

Default My future pub crawls

Right Guys (and Women)..

I have few pub crawls planned in coming months..

Derby

My second hometown, I intend to visit Brewery Tap (I have visited it in its previous life, Royal Standard) and new Wetherspoon () outlet, Thomas Leper. Then visit Derby's traditional Back Street Boozers in California area Southwest Derby.

The reason I chose California (No no no that place in US!) as I spent my young adult life in pubs in that area and haven't visited since 1997. And the area is famed for high number of pubs

More information.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California,_Derby

West Bromwich

The Vine is the only pub I have visited in area but I want go back and explore West Brom's pubs. Unexplored area for me.

Dudley or surrounding area

Question for Soupy..

I absolutely have no knowledge of Dudley (other than that pub in Black Country museum!)

Any good pub crawls? Help me out!

Thanks

Hoppy
    Last edited by hopwas; 11-12-2009 at 16:19. Reason: added linky

Well apart from a bad pubs crawl in Liverpool last night and Dudley/Netherton/Brierley Hill on Monday night I have a lengthening list of crawls to do in addition to filling in local gaps in PG reviews.

Leeds
    haven't been for a while so the city centre wants looking at again.

Manchester
    lots of good pubs near Victoria station especially (Marble Arch, Angel, Bar Fringe, Crown & Kettle etc)

Sheffield Valley of Beer
    still got the northern end (Hillsborough, Wellington) to do plus there is now a Thornbridge supplied bar at the station

Trans-Pennine Rail-Ale trail
    still haven't done Dewsbury but I'll do the Stalybridge - Huddersfield - Dewsbury in one go and leave the other line for another time.

Derby 2
    a few to revisit and some new ones to try

Edinburgh
    great city full of wonderful pubs and I say that as a weggie.

Others bubbling under are Norwich, Hereford, Shrewsbury, Chester, Rochdale, Birmingham/BlackCountry (again), Ironbridge, Bridgenorth, so many pubs so little time

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Would`nt bother with Ironbridge , most of the pubs are food orientated tourist traps , The Golden Ball is Ok as is the Horse And Jockey , the best pub is the Dirty Duck (Black Swan) over the river in Jackfield and the Boat ain`t bad when its not under water . If your in the area the best bet is Jackfield and then get stuck in the All Nations in Madley.
    As for my future plans , York , Oxford (again), Chester(again), Salisbury , Stafford , Worcester , Bath and anywhere else i can persuade the wife to go for a weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Would`nt bother with Ironbridge , then get stuck in the All Nations in Madley.
    Ironbridge will get combined with a visit to Blists Hill which is just across the road from the All Nations.....oh dear.

Salisbury is a fine drinking city and quite pretty, don't miss Deacons, the Village and the Wyndham Arms (home of Hopback brewery), plus any number of other good pubs including the famous mumified hand in the Haunch of Venison (expensive beer though).

York is special, any of the three York Brewery pubs, the Blue Bell, The Maltings, Pivo (if you like Belgian/German beer), and probably The Rook and Gaskill are the stars, but the list is a long one; now you've got me thinking I might go there next weekend

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Hi Hoppy

Not really done much around Dudley, to be honest. I need to visit myself. I dont have much booked at moment - hoping to do Bridgnorth before the end of the year - its more at them moment, doing an odd couple of pubs as and when, or it will be a spur of the moment thing. A couple in Lichfield later, i hope. I visited several (2 closed) in Digbeth last night.
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    any of the three York Brewery pubs
    I went to this http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55475/ back in 2006.

Cracking little pub!

Blue Bell is fine Edwardian pub but poor ales. It was cramped when I went to Blue Bell and landlord was very grumpy!

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Hi Hoppy

Not really done much around Dudley, to be honest. I need to visit myself. I dont have much booked at moment - hoping to do Bridgnorth before the end of the year - its more at them moment, doing an odd couple of pubs as and when, or it will be a spur of the moment thing. A couple in Lichfield later, i hope. I visited several (2 closed) in Digbeth last night.
    I'l guess I need research into Dudley pubs later. I actually visited The Crown in Bridgnorth earlier this year. Nice Marston's pub. I couldnt believe I missed Wetherspoon in Bridgnorth, I only found out by looking at Bridgnorth list on this website! I must have walked past and not realising it is wetherspoon.

(2 closed) in Digbeth last night

I am trembling with fear... which pubs?

The Yorkshire Terrier is class.

The Blue Bell is also brilliant and very significant in the social history of the country, i believe
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I'l guess I need research into Dudley pubs later. I actually visited The Crown in Bridgnorth earlier this year. Nice Marston's pub. I couldnt believe I missed Wetherspoon in Bridgnorth, I only found out by looking at Bridgnorth list on this website! I must have walked past and not realising it is wetherspoon.

(2 closed) in Digbeth last night

I am trembling with fear... which pubs?
    Market tavern, Queens Head (or Arms, by Lamp) and the White Swan, Sherlock St, which is Eden's Bar now

Hen & Chickens was closed last time i went there, as well and God knows if the Catherine O'Donovan is open, or not
    MILD:

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Default Albert Road, Southsea

Last weekend I was down Albert Road in Southsea, got into 4 pubs

However what I had never realised was just how many pubs there are along that relatively short road, 9, and if you count the immediate ones just off, it is 11

Thus a task in summer is start at Goose http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13987/ and finish Festing http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/65547/

The start & finish pubs I think will be a let down, but high hopes for the others, but will have to be just half in each unless I spread it over a few days