Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My future pub crawls

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    FILTH - does she work all week?
    I dunno.. Best you pop in.. She is the youngest worker (Long Brown hair)

Oh you havent answered my question about OB
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Oh you havent answered my question about OB
    A spat, God, no -we were due to meet up and i couldn't make it, so he is updating me as to where he is and what he is drinking - i managed an hour in Burntwood, with a few real ales - not quite in the same league as Pardoes and the Vine - though the Uxbridge is decent
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    A spat, God, no -we were due to meet up and i couldn't make it, so he is updating me as to where he is and what he is drinking - i managed an hour in Burntwood, with a few real ales - not quite in the same league as Pardoes and the Vine - though the Uxbridge is decent
    Oh thats reilef! I was fearing the worst.

Iam heading to Lichfield and have a quick pint at DoY plus two pubs before heading back to Tamworth. 2 hours max.

See you later on forum later tonight!

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Oh thats reilef! I was fearing the worst.

Iam heading to Lichfield and have a quick pint at DoY plus two pubs before heading back to Tamworth. 2 hours max.

See you later on forum later tonight!

Hoppy
    Still in Lichfield Longer than I thought!

Anyway DoY is very tidy pub with fire log roaring and giving me feel at home. Had a pint of Salopian (sp?) Golden thread, pleasant pint of fruity and hoppy (no surprise there given my nickname )

Then half of Reinbeer by Church End at Horse and Jockey. I must say it is very bland and no flavour.

Finally swift half of Timothy Taylor at Queens Head. For the first time I have seen Queen Head packed (normally there is only around 5 punters) with at least 20 punters!

Iam currently in Lichfield Library. Iam Overlooking Gatehouse Inn.. oh pardon me.. (bit of dig to Soupy!).. mmmm I'll think i'll go and have half..

Still in Lichfield Longer than I thought!

Anyway DoY is very tidy pub with fire log roaring and giving me feel at home. Had a pint of Salopian (sp?) Golden thread, pleasant pint of fruity and hoppy (no surprise there given my nickname )

Then half of Reinbeer by Church End at Horse and Jockey. I must say it is very bland and no flavour.

Finally swift half of Timothy Taylor at Queens Head. For the first time I have seen Queen Head packed (normally there is only around 5 punters) with at least 20 punters!

Iam currently in Lichfield Library. Iam Overlooking Gatehouse Inn.. oh pardon me.. (bit of dig to Soupy!).. mmmm I'll think i'll go and have half..
    Salopian GT is a decent beer, Hoppy - and three excellent choices for pubs to visit - we will get you off the Carling yet! I know the library, it was where i had my first job
    MILD:

Darn! I forgetten what i had at gatehouse. Never mind, i am drinking pint of abbots reserve, dangerously drinkable in the acorn inn. Not looking foward going hme but i have to!

Darn! I forgetten what i had at gatehouse. Never mind, i am drinking pint of abbots reserve, dangerously drinkable in the acorn inn. Not looking foward going hme but i have to!
    You had Car*ing, mate, dont deny it. Go home and have a Hobgoblin - i shall go to the Dog
    MILD:

I am no lager man thank you! Oh hope you realise dog open at 7pm? I am waiting 4 bus bring me back to beauitful Tamworth.

I am no lager man thank you! Oh hope you realise dog open at 7pm? I am waiting 4 bus bring me back to beauitful Tamworth.
    I think you have competition for your claim to be the PG Official JDW tester - Edmon has visited a fair few as well, mate. My apologies to him, i committed a faux pas when i asked him to post some reviews - he has done a number - just uses a different name - Sorry Edmon!
    MILD:

you and OB having bit of spat?

Anyway back to that barmaid.. it is quite difficult and you will see why when you see her. (Hint: bit of cleverage showing well bit too much actually )
    perish the thought, but I just felt I ought to remind Soupy about what he was missing, purely as a public service you understand and in no way a wind up,....not at all.....no not me.....as if. I did mention the twigs in the Courthouse didn't I? More to the point Soupy did pass on some very useful pointers about what was the best beer where and to get a pork pie in the Vine (lovely incidentally). He didn't pass on the info about the barmaid in Whittington but I probably couldn't have got there, I got confused about bus stops in Brierley Hill and missed out on a pint or two in the Rose & Crown I don't think pub crawls by proxy or virtual pub crawls will actually catch on.