Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samuel Smith's Bottled Beers?

Default Samuel Smith's Bottled Beers?

Does anyone know where I can purchase Samuel Smith's (Tadcaster brewery) bottled beers, their Stouts and Porter in particular? Preferably somewhere that doesn't involve a big detour off the A1 in Yorkshire.....

Grateful for suggestions
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    Does anyone know where I can purchase Samuel Smith's (Tadcaster brewery) bottled beers, their Stouts and Porter in particular? Preferably somewhere that doesn't involve a big detour off the A1 in Yorkshire.....

Grateful for suggestions
    The Angel & White Horse in Tadcaster would be a good bet as it's Sams brewery tap. It's only a little way off the A1 on the A64. I'm sure if you phoned them or the brewery itself which is next door they would do a deal depending on how many you want.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Does anyone know where I can purchase Samuel Smith's (Tadcaster brewery) bottled beers, their Stouts and Porter in particular?
    I suspect mail order might be your answer. You can get Impy & Oatmeal Stout, plus Taddy Porter here: http://www.thebeeressentials.co.uk/

Imperial Stout 7.0% - 24 x330 @ £2.15 = £49.02.
    Oatmeal stout 5.0% - 12x550 @ £2.25 = £25.65
    Taddy Porter 5.0% - 12x550 @ £2.25 = £25.65
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Thanks. Brewery tap or cellar door it may well have to be.

I looked at another online retailer, Beers of Europe, based in Norfolk (http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/) but the postage stacks up unless I order a whole case. They have a good range though so I could go for a mixed case.

A shop in Shirley, Solihull has also been recommended to me for its variety of bottled beers : Bernie's real ale off-licence (http://www.yell.com/b/Bernie's+Real+...527/index.html) but they do not appear to have their own website or stock the beer I wanted. I still might pay it a visit though.

Just continuing with my market research, my local Asda offers a decent selection of bottled beers from smaller local breweries but I find Tesco's choice rather disappointing....
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 29-03-2011 at 20:15.
    Waes hael!

I picked up a bottle of Taddy Porter in, of all places, my local House of Fraser store last week. They had another Sam Smiths beer in stock as well, but I forget which one - possibly a lager?

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    The Angel & White Horse in Tadcaster would be a good bet as it's Sams brewery tap. It's only a little way off the A1 on the A64. I'm sure if you phoned them or the brewery itself which is next door they would do a deal depending on how many you want.
    You could always spend a bit longer there as Sams still deliver to the Tadcaster pubs with their Shire horses 5 days a week.

They're stabled at the back of the Angel & White Horse and a fine sight they are too.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Grateful for suggestions
    Locally there are

Drinkswell, Market Place, Ripon
    Beer-Ritz, Market Place, Knaresborough - now called Beer & Spirits

Both about 6-8 miles off the A1(M) and they do mail order.

There is also Zak Avery's emporium in Leeds which is also called something else now.

I especially recommend the Imperial Stout.

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm sorted now.

I have discovered that the brewery sell their bottled ales through the Little Delicatessen (3 High St, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire LS24 9AP 01937 833 244) that backs onto the brewery itself

In Wakefield they are sold through Blacker Hall Farm shop http://www.blackerhall.com/

and in Denby Dale, through Denby Dale Wine http://www.springfield-mills.co.uk/kip_mcgrath.htm situated in Springfield Mill
    Waes hael!

On a related subject: given that Sam Smiths beers on draught are about as cheap as they come, why are the bottled beers in Sam Smiths pubs so expensive?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

In Wakefield they are sold through Blacker Hall Farm shop http://www.blackerhall.com/

and in Denby Dale, through Denby Dale Wine http://www.springfield-mills.co.uk/kip_mcgrath.htm situated in Springfield Mill
    Somebody's been a busy boy! Thanks for that Andy. Did actually know about both these places, but it's been a while since I've been to either.

Blacker Hall looks to have expanded its range, but a lot of the stuff they sell is sold a lot cheaper at Asda, even at full price. When they do the '3 for £4' offer it's an absolute no brainer, as you're paying in the region of a £1 less a bottle. Will probably still have a look see at some stage, if I can resist the urge not to lose it with the incredibly smug Observer Food Monthly types who shop there.

Was out for a family walk up in Denby Dale yesterday, so called in to find it closed, even though it's advertised as only being closed on a Monday!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.