Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Some corrections in Wellingborough and environs

Default Some corrections in Wellingborough and environs

Full address of The Leather Bottle, is 41 Cambridge Street. I have marked it as closed.

Full address of Around Town, is 11 Cambridge Street. It is now called Bailey's, please amend.

As far as I can make out, The Globe, Market Street is now an Oirish pub called Rafferty's. The reason for doubt is that Royal Mail lists Rafferty's at NN8 1AX and says it's in Gloucester Place but Wellingborough borough council's website lists Rafferty's on Market Street with the postcode NN8 1AT (i.e. the same as the Globe). I couldn't see any ex-pub type buildings on Market Street, except for a shop called Colemans at the far end (near The Hind Hotel), which has a hanging sign on the upper floor, though the shop front on the ground floor is a modern conversion. Maybe someone who knows Wellingborough better than my casual acquaintance can illuminate this point for us. I think on the whole it is better to change the Globe to Rafferty's than to mark the Globe as closed and create a new entry for Rafferty's, but I leave it to you. Unfortunately I did not get a photo on my recent visit to Wellingborough. (There's something about Oirish pubs that offends the photographer in me. Sorry.)

Gloster should be spelt as in the name of the town: Gloucester. Maybe this was an alternative (possibly even trendy) spelling, but the signage clearly shows they have reverted to normal English usage. Also it has acquired a definite article (and a date: 1882, though this is probably not intended to be part of the name). Please amend to The Gloucester.

The Corner Flag 143 High Street, Rushden is now called Lounge One, according to Google maps street view, but when I was there last week the building was covered in scaffolding so I have marked it as closed. It may take a further visit to determine whether the building work was intended to be towards making it a proper pub, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Old Swan in Higham Ferrars is now called JJ's.
    Come On You Hatters!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi sheffield hatter,

We have corrected the addresses of The Leather Bottle and the renamed Bailey's. We have corrected the names of Rafferty's, The Gloucester, Lounge One and JJ's.

I am not sure about Gloster being a trendy term .