Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 3 April 2011)

Had a great crawl round Peterborough on Friday, so managed to sample some great beer from Oakham and Digfield breweries. The best of a good bunch was Oakham Citra, enjoyed in Charters - a nice Dutch barge moored on the banks of the River Nene.

Other contenders included Big City Jamaica Stout, Digfield March Hare, Milton Sparta and Sharp's Atlantic IPA.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

A few good beers this week, the best of which was Butts Brewery's Barbus Barbus.
    And you can really taste the hops!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Don't think I didn't notice THAT hidden in the list.
    Well I said "interesting".

In my defence may I say the choice was limited, it was only a half, it was disgusting - Stella normally is at least drinkable, besides I was checking on the pub for PuG.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Like the sound of that Oggy. Love the Citra hop. 'ROBCamra', 'oldboots' and I voted Raw 'Grey Ghost' beer of the festival at the last Todmorden bash, so it sounds like they've got another winner.
    Citra seems to be the Hop of the moment , in the last few weeks i have tried Citra beers from Green Mill , Pictish , Oakham , Ironbridge and Raw , all pretty good
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Well, I never have too many to consider, but I did make a point of seeking out Westerham's Audit Ale, and mighty tasty it was too! Pretty strong (6.2) as well, if truth be told.

Not many pub opportunities at present, but did sneak into the Bell and Jorrocks in Frittenden on Saturday, in search of anthing from Old Dairy. Instead, I found Honey Fuzz from Rother Valley, which I enjoyed inspite of myself. Unusual flavour, not being used to honey beers, but clean and well hopped. Worth a try.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    With an honourary mention to Ringwood Old Thumper which doesn't seem to have suffered from the Marstonisation
    I'd go further than that, after a couple of years when you couldn't get a decent pint of the 'Thumper' for neither love nor money, it's back to it's best But then, it's still brewed exclusively in Ringwood, unlike one or two others.

Sorry to be late with this choice, Conrad, I've been out and about, in hospital and out, all sans computer. My BotW is.......I'll have to get back to you on that, I've forgotten it's name and I can't find me Beer Festival thingy.........
    Senior moment anyone
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

A bit late in submitting my entry but possibly die to the numerous options. The tail end of the Isle of Wight, ongoing @Spoons fest and a day in St Albans is enough to produce multiple BotW's; Goddards Fuggle De Dum, Caledonian Doc Kennedy's Lipsmacking Lemon Ale, Island Nipper and Oakham Citra just 4 that would win on another week but I will go for Goddards Scrumdiggety which was my preferred regular tipple on the IOW.